US very angry with advanced Made-in-China 🇨🇳 Electric Vehicles

(20-03-2023, 04:21 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  waaahhhh lau

free trade also means free to ban trade maaahhhh

You are insanely stupid, free trade means no restrictions whatsoever and removes all barriers in trade. Imposing trade barriers is called protectionism.

[Image: A96-FFD36-79-F7-408-C-B1-EB-C50699-E39-D90.jpg]

[Image: 3599-E2-F8-EBC9-4-A70-B28-A-35-E53213-E810.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like lvlrsSTI's post

(20-03-2023, 03:03 PM)Migrant Wrote:  This car reminds me of Knight Rider. Kit the talking car. 
Beyond my Imagination that a car will actually talk to you.
But its happening now. You get on a driverless car, it will tell you to fastern your seat belt.

Knight Rider don't come with Karaoke + bluetooth mic...BYD got.. Big Grin 

US Gov now has more reason to ban all Chinese services and products from America.
American's only top EV maker Telsa is now in a price war with its Chinese competitors...
This will only mean Good News for consumers switching to EV.
Big Grin

For now, Tesla — the only non-Chinese EV maker to gain a real foothold to date — risks losing its grip on China as new brands and models flood the mass market. This is also a put-up-or-shut-up moment for foreign automakers like GM, Ford, Toyota  and VW. Their electric vehicle launches have been coolly received by China's mostly young EV buyers. Yet the companies' China EV offensive is just getting started.

https://www.investors.com/news/china-ev-...s-reality/

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013

(20-03-2023, 04:32 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  You are insanely stupid, free trade means no restrictions whatsoever and removes all barriers in trade. Imposing trade barriers is called protectionism.

[Image: A96-FFD36-79-F7-408-C-B1-EB-C50699-E39-D90.jpg]

[Image: 3599-E2-F8-EBC9-4-A70-B28-A-35-E53213-E810.jpg]
banned cos cannot compete & insecure .
[+] 1 user Likes Blin's post

I am very excited over the next 10 years of how technology centre shifts from the US to China....having seen the level  politicking  we see today in Washington. Notice many of their Congressmen and women mindset are like dinosaurs of yesteryear ?

I can see why Elon Musk or Zuckerberg also kenna wack bad bad from America's Ruling Class - because many fear their influence is challenged by the Internet...

Big Grin

(24-03-2023, 04:15 PM)Manthink Wrote:  I am very excited over the next 10 years of how technology centre shifts from the US to China....having seen the level  politicking  we see today in Washington. Notice many of their Congressmen and women mindset are like dinosaurs of yesteryear ?

I can see why Elon Musk or Zuckerberg also kenna wack bad bad from America's Ruling Class - because many fear their influence is challenged by the Internet...

Big Grin
next brand maybe is BYI 'Beyond Your Imagination'.

(24-03-2023, 04:28 PM)Rubitin Wrote:  next brand maybe is BYI 'Beyond Your Imagination'.

That is an improvement from the BYD(Beyond Your Dreams)..........to BYI (Beyond Your Dreams)..............

(24-03-2023, 05:00 PM)debono Wrote:  That is an improvement from the BYD(Beyond Your Dreams)..........to BYI (Beyond Your Dreams)..............

Now you understand why Biden and his buddies in Washington die die wanna BAN any Chinese products and services ?

It is BEYOND anyone's NIGHTMARE that the Chinese can be more innovative and successful than Americans...so soon so quickly.

BYD aim to double Tesla worldwide sales & destroy VW in China

https://youtu.be/6cA0yy3KCwA

Will US gov demand BYD CEO to attend their complain session in Washington like they did to profit-making TikTok CEO ? Big Grin

BYD’s Q1 2023 Profit Surges Over 400%
Warren Buffett-backed Chinese electric-car maker BYD Co.’s profit surged 411% in Q1 2023, boosted by EV sales growth that beat the industry average. Operating revenue rose 80% to 120.2 billion yuan ($17.38 billion) while the gross margin was 17.9%, up about 5.5%. In the first three months of 2023, BYD sold 552,100 new-energy vehicles (NEVs), almost double from the same period a year ago

[Image: image.png]

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/...sales-soar

[+] 1 user Likes Manthink's post

The EV race is what I call the losers race.

It is like Airlines where all players just slash price to stay competitive and very little profits to be made.

Right now all the auto giants Toyota, Mercedes, Ford, Volkswagon, Hyundai are beginning to ramp up .. . This will mean the number of players crowding the space driving down margin will escalate.

Tesla has the best margin so has room tk cut to prevent loss of market share. BYD is on thun margins and does not have branding power outside China. It will have a problem once big traditional autos like Toyota comes in

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(10-02-2023, 04:14 PM)debono Wrote:  Other countries with knowledge only of  English, Indian, French, Italy, Indonesia and Spain cannot buy this car.............. crying

Just only a few command words easy to learn.

Just like we learn Malay military command words, ka kiri pusing or ka kanan pusing. 

last time, British time, they use English command for drills. 

(02-05-2023, 05:01 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  The EV race is what I call the losers race.

It is like Airlines where all players just slash price to stay competitive and very little profits to be made.

Right now all the auto giants Toyota, Mercedes, Ford, Volkswagon, Hyundai are beginning to ramp up .. . This will mean the number of players crowding the space driving down margin will escalate.

Tesla has the best margin so has room tk cut to prevent loss of market share. BYD is on thun margins and does not have branding power outside China.  It will have a problem once big traditional autos like Toyota comes in

BYD is already a world best selling car.   

(02-05-2023, 05:01 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  The EV race is what I call the losers race. It is like Airlines where all players just slash price to stay competitive and very little profits to be made.
Right now all the auto giants Toyota, Mercedes, Ford, Volkswagon, Hyundai are beginning to ramp up .. . This will mean the number of players crowding the space driving down margin will escalate. Tesla has the best margin so has room tk cut to prevent loss of market share. BYD is on thun margins and does not have branding power outside China.  It will have a problem once big traditional autos like Toyota comes in

Why you consider the on-going intense EV competition in China market a "loser race" when this will benefit consumers in the long run ?

I am no surprised with your short-term-ism and selective myopic view whenever Chinese is in the picture... Rolleyes

Pple like sgbuffett needs to be more open-minded....
Perhaps that is one of the fundamental difference between  stupid and the smart Investors... Big Grin

https://www.investing.com/news/stock-mar...SI-3005766

(02-05-2023, 05:01 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  The EV race is what I call the losers race. It is like Airlines where all players just slash price to stay competitive and very little profits to be made.
Right now all the auto giants Toyota, Mercedes, Ford, Volkswagon, Hyundai are beginning to ramp up .. . This will mean the number of players crowding the space driving down margin will escalate. Tesla has the best margin so has room tk cut to prevent loss of market share. BYD is on thun margins and does not have branding power outside China.  It will have a problem once big traditional autos like Toyota comes in

This month of Sep at IAA Auto Show...the BMW boss now suddenly feel the Germans are at "imminen risk" from China's EV makers... 
So yeah, those EV is increasingly Do-or-Die for many European brands...

Big Grin

THE CHIEF executive of BMW has warned that European Union (EU) plans to ban combustion engine vehicles are forcing European carmakers into a price war with Chinese competitors....The base car market segment will either vanish or will not be done by European manufacturers," said BMW boss Oliver Zipse, in reference to the rapid rise of Chinese electric car brands such as BYD.

https://www.marketscreener.com/quote/sto...-44768405/

《谦秋论》赖岳谦 第五百七十一集|慕尼黑车展!纽时:中国速度!

(03-05-2023, 11:23 AM)Manthink Wrote:  Why you consider the on-going intense EV competition in China market a "loser race" when this will benefit consumers in the long run ?

I am no surprised with your short-term-ism and selective myopic view whenever Chinese is in the picture... Rolleyes

To Sgbutt, China is always losing, even when it is winning!  Rotfl

Better.
China will just ban Tesla.
Then US stocks will crash again.

欧洲恐吓中国搞反补贴调查,西方低能政治又一剧本。

Nice. Hope byd tank so I can buy cheap.

(15-09-2023, 03:17 PM)victortan Wrote:  Nice. Hope byd tank so I can buy cheap.

Biden tried....and instead got a good spanking from the World's richest man.

Big Grin
https://thedriven.io/2023/05/22/teslas-s...ging-times

Guess who is Elon's deputy for global operation ?
[Image: 5ae3a720-866b-11e8-99b0-7de4d17a9c3a_128...185713.jpg]

(08-09-2023, 03:46 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  To Sgbutt, China is always losing, even when it is winning!  Rotfl

Best joke of the day... Big Grin

sgbuffett Wrote: Wrote:The EV race is what I call the losers race....

Those at the Munich motor show last week came to a conclusion - how far China has pulled ahead in the future of transport. Germany’s biennial celebration of its own automotive prowess was dominated by Chinese brands, who were there in double the numbers seen in 2021. While European manufacturers showed electric vehicles (EV) coming to market in 2026 or 2027, the Chinese had cars ready for the forecourts.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/commenta...pe-3773401

A gen-Z American, who owns a Telsa Model 3, got to try out US's 1st NIO ET7 ...At the end of the test drive he admits that "China is the Future"...in terms of product quality and personal experience..

I am not surprised POTUS has never seen a Chinese EV limousine....until Xi brought one to USA for his APEC meeting. Big Grin

[Image: Joe-Biden-on-Hongqi-N701.jpg]

A deadly quiet Hongqi N701 EV.... Other than the rolling tires, scrapping of shoes, voice command of US soldiers & clicking of cameras, no engine noise is heard as Biden welcome Xi arrival...

(12-02-2023, 12:23 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Now imagine the US gov past a law ordering all  car EV makers to stop using Chinese-made batteries like he has done with semiconductor IC.... Rolleyes

不出我所料 Laughing

2 Dec 2023 -
The Biden administration has moved to choke off China’s role in the US’s electric vehicle supply chain with rules that critics allege will slow the transition from petrol-fuelled cars.The US Treasury announced on Friday that from next month no US-manufactured EVs that include Chinese-made battery components will be eligible for the full subsidies offered by President Joe Biden’s $369bn landmark climate law.

https://www.ft.com/content/7d80627e-c6a6...5f089fc447

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/12/05...s-00129996

Congress provided $7.5B for electric vehicle chargers. Built so far: Zero.

The sluggish rollout could undermine President Joe Biden’s reelection messaging promoting electric vehicles.

(06-12-2023, 02:04 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  https://www.politico.com/news/2023/12/05...s-00129996
Congress provided $7.5B for electric vehicle chargers. Built so far: Zero.
The sluggish rollout could undermine President Joe Biden’s reelection messaging promoting electric vehicles.

Another Make-America-Great-Again project brought to your by the US Gov. ...with Zero result. Big Grin

https://www.theverge.com/2022/8/17/23308...y-jd-power