China to limit teens access to Internet to 2hrs per day

China looks to limit children to two hours a day on their phones
2 August 2023 18:54
(Adds comment from analyst, detail)
By Josh Ye
Hong Kong, Aug 2 (Reuters) – China's cyberspace regulator said on Wednesday children under the age of 18 should be limited to a maximum of two hours a day on their smartphones, sending shares in tech companies tumbling.
The Cyberspace Administration of China (CAC) said it wanted providers of smart devices to introduce so-called minor mode programmes that would bar users under 18 from accessing the internet on mobile devices from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Providers would also have to set time limits under the proposed reforms, the CAC said.
Users aged 16 to 18 would be allowed two hours a day, children aged eight to 16 would get one hour while children under eight would be allowed just eight minutes.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

Teens are so smart they will still find ways to get internet. The CCP is really one group of old fags.

CCP is a good gov with far sight,who prioritize citizens well being above money

A caring government

Just look around, how many govt really care about their ppl? Some dun control guns, and even encourage use of drugs

This is power. It took them many years to prep the entire nation database and infra and application accounts standardisations just to make this move.

(03-08-2023, 09:32 PM)toothpick Wrote:  Teens are so smart they will still find ways to get internet. The CCP is really one group of old fags.

AI will pick up the new ways and they will keep shutting the channels.

Smile

wumao scums will reduce alot

Ermaos 之所以会 becum Ermaos, partly due to their own faults, but their garment aso to be blamed for not taking care of them.

A good policy, but how to really implement it??

As responsible parents/grandparents, you shd aso use parental control to limit access of the Internet to yr young ones.

Very good and caring government.

When my kids were still in primary school, it was so troublesome to use those Andriod and apple app to control children handphone usage. The passcode were so easily unlocked by my children.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

The Chinese are very lucky to finally settled with the CCP to run the country after so many revolutions and internal wars. Without the CCP there will be no new China today.  Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 2 users Like Huliwang's post

maybe children or grand children of the law maker over use phone. results in angry bird actions?

China is going backwards in time to the mao era.

No wonder ah tiongs are lying flat in protest and cannot find job because they can only use 2 hours of internet. LOL!

To Pukimak the amdk arse lickers stooge’s you don't know meh China is future hor
https://youtu.be/bLy9iAtY2UE?si=M6OnAdVL_rIQy19T

https://media.tenor.com/qdg13PqYbxMAAAAM/yes-baby.gif https://media.tenor.com/vyHTsEhBHjYAAAAM...onesia.gif