This is 8th anniversary of CPF protests - do you remember?

Do you remember what triggered the biggest protest in Singapore?

Seems recent but the protests occurred in 2014. 8yrs ago. Some of the elderly who turned up proplbably passed away already...

But have the issues been resolved? Why were normally obedient Singaporeans so angry? ...

[Image: iov08ak.jpg]

Time flies this was 8 yrs ago  The whole protest was triggered by a relatively minor event of increase in min sun to $155K.
At the same time CPF blogger Roy was sued for defamation.

The simple process of increasing min sum which had gone on for years unleashed a mountain of hidden resentment against the scheme.

This build up over a number of years starting with a shifting of withdrawal age from 55 to 60. Then implementing minimum sum below which cannot be taken taken out. Then in 2009, CPF Life. ...

For the poor folks they may have something like 50k locked up...such a sum is never enough for retirement anyway and they had expected to get it in full at 55 so they can take a short rest and maybe  get some relief for financial problems. The inability of touch this in full is big deal for them. Since the amount they have is not enough to fund retirement at all they prefer to get their hands on it.

It's like you put your money in fixed deposit and withdrawal date is 55. You anticipate it  then bank say now 60 then ...say you cannot get lump sum but in instalment.

I think for the rich CPF is just aside pocket. They don't even need to touch it for a good Life. They can leave it for children...many even top up for higher interest rate.

For the poor its quite different.

I was there at the protest and spoke to the folks there.
The elites are so rich now they cannot understand the anger on the ground.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Get rich la... ask them to learn from you how to get rich. Once get rich pretend poor.

lol you post this? Thought you are Idol Mr Loo CPF fan?

(18-07-2022, 08:04 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Do you remember what triggered the biggest protest in Singapore?

Seems recent but the protests occurred in 2014. 8yrs ago. Some of the elderly who turned up proplbably passed away already...

But have the issues been resolved? Why were normally obedient Singaporeans so angry? ...

Time flies this was 8 yrs ago  The whole protest was triggered by a relatively minor event of increase in min sun to $155K.

The simple process of increasing min sum which had gone on for years unleashed a mountain of hidden resentment against the scheme.

This build up over a number of years starting with a shifting of withdrawal age from 55 to 60. Then implementing minimum sum below which cannot be taken taken out. Then in 2009, CPF Life. ...

For the poor folks they may have something like 50k locked up...such a sum is never enough for retirement anyway and they had expected to get it in full at 55 so they can take a short rest and maybe  get some relief for financial problems. The inability of touch this in full is big deal for them. Since the amount they have is not enough to fund retirement at all they prefer to get their hands on it.

It's like you put your money in fixed deposit and withdrawal date is 55. You anticipate it  then bank say now 60 then ...say you cannot get lump sum but in instalment.

I think for the rich CPF is just aside pocket. They don't even need to touch it for a good Life. They can leave it for children...many even top up for higher interest rate.

Sinkies do what Sinkies do.......................which is to sleepwalk through elections..............and then complain no end after that.................then repeat........... Cool

(18-07-2022, 08:04 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Do you remember what triggered the biggest protest in Singapore?

Unker sgbuffet, sorlee I too young to remember all this Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

So the issue solve yet after the massive protest?

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

Song Boh!
Now already locked song song by them…
They can suka suka change the rules as they deem necessary.

You still need to seek their permission to use your own $$$ if hit the limit set by them.

[Image: 471463-CE-A390-45-F1-B175-826-CE44-F06-F5.jpg]

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

Wah phiang!

2014 till now still not solved

Current PAP really need 10 YEARS, arh?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

Remember loony HHH? Got herself knocked up, quietly made use of HDB subsidies, maternity ward subsidies and countless what other subsidies while kpkb etc Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(18-07-2022, 01:03 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Remember loony HHH?  Got herself knocked up, quietly made use of HDB subsidies, maternity ward subsidies and countless what other subsidies while kpkb etc Big Grin

Now no sound no pic?

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(18-07-2022, 01:06 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Now no sound no pic?

Seems like it.... at least for now Big Grin