Uncle brought durian on bus, bus driver switched off aircon and stopped.
Video 

https://www.tiktok.com/@tiagongsg/video/7242507481358798088?q=DURIAN%20BUS&t=1686467336844
[+] 1 user Likes theold's post

I have done this 8 times this year just put it in a a  opaque cloth bag and zip up.

Before that ask for extra plastic bag and tie it so that the smell does not get out

The drive r is not going to ask you to open the bag to check. Often they are wearing mask so the accumulation of his breath smell in the mask will mean he cannot smell anything.

If they can ban bubble gum, why can't they ban durian?

Is the smell. Not the sight of it.
The uncle did not put in effort to conceal both.

The lingering smell is difficult to get rid and for some, it smells like shit. MRT has this law that no durians allowed, too. The driver is right.

I love durians but not everyone like the smell lah...uncle pls be considerate.

The bus driver shd hv called police to arrest him. Since he said he did that many times bringing durians up bus and not even properly sealed. Didn’t signboard said anyone brought durians up bus wil be fined. He shd be taught a lesson.

Those passengers shouting vulgarities at the bus driver shd be arrested and charged in court

This rule is made for angMo BoPian tuakee for the moment
singlion don't believe durian smell irritate our people.
no pt get angry with driver

If you use airtight, the smell will not get out. Some put coffee powder on top but the smell still comes out.

Durian, a first-timer might not like it. But after trying a few times can get addicted.

(12-06-2023, 01:54 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Those passengers shouting vulgarities at the bus driver shd be arrested and charged in court
That’s why police must be called to arrest those hurling vulgarities and abuse against bus driver.

Must pity the driver who's doing his job. If he and other drivers dun care, then all the buses will be filled with durian, stinky tofu and lao gay's smelly xiamian odours, 成何体统?

(12-06-2023, 03:20 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Must pity the driver who's doing his job. If he and other drivers dun care, then all the buses will be filled with durian, stinky tofu and lao gay's smelly xiamian odours, 成何体统?
Actually, the driver is a lady.

Should relook into this, durian smell is much tolerable than abnn smell

I speaking from experience, nearly fainted in a lift trapped with a family of abnn

(12-06-2023, 03:50 PM)AngTehKor Wrote:  Will be very hot when Aircon is off

Driver is bo nao to turn off aircon with all windows sealed tight and doors closed in

Something wrong with SMRT's SOP and she should not follow blindly

SMRT's fault

(12-06-2023, 02:29 PM)singlon Wrote:  This rule is made for angMo BoPian tuakee for the moment
singlion don't believe durian smell irritate our people.
no pt get angry with driver

I never seen one Angmo in Peninsular Plaza ground floor. vomit Big Grin

The durian smell can stays for hours

(11-06-2023, 03:18 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I have done this 8 times this year just put it in a a  opaque cloth bag and zip up.

Before that ask for extra plastic bag and tie it so that the smell does not get out

The drive r is not going to ask you to open the bag to check. Often they are wearing mask so the accumulation of his breath smell in the mask will mean he cannot smell anything.
But that is beside the point right.. Dun allow durian is because there are some who dun like durian. No matter how you secured it, the smell will leak out. That's why it is banned from bus.

If practice what you say, smokers can smoke on bus also what.. Just hide behind the seat and puff..