Is quite expensive now eat our Hawker foods? EPIC come malaysia ...

i see KL Foodie always show case their traditional street hawker foods
some already operated for years.

Price wise of course they also increase but for the malaysian still can afford in terms of RM.

whereas our side....EPIC cooked by Malaysian cannot make it? compare back in their home land is more nicer.
also cook by malaysian.

I just heard this morning from wet market that chicken price went up liao? Your chicken rice sure up price soon.     Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

Now average prawn noodle. 
But ghim MOH one stall selling 3.00.
Taste good too.

World is Entering into 7 years tribulation

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(05-10-2023, 12:50 PM)Migrant Wrote:  Now average prawn noodle. 
Taste good too.

Some hawker still can maintain the price , yet quality still there. These Hawkers actually deserve to get promote more so people know

unlike those " even some popular ones " increase price like no body control despite PAP claim " can complain blah blah " on those riding on GST hike etc....
worst cut corners, too summary they are greed for More profits.

Charcoal Banana Leaf Hokkien Mee

you hardly will see in SG now a days....

https://m.facebook.com/video/video.php?v...8954662966&__cft__

(05-10-2023, 12:43 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  i see KL Foodie always show case their traditional street hawker foods

Price wise of course they also increase but for the malaysian still can afford in terms of RM.

whereas our side....EPIC cooked by Malaysian cannot make it? compare back in their home land is more nicer.
also cook by malaysian.

The best Malaysian cooks remain in Malaysia as they have more than enough business to sustain themselves.  Only the third rate cooks move to Singapore.

(05-10-2023, 12:50 PM)Migrant Wrote:  Now average prawn noodle. 
Taste good too.

PEK KIO HC only $2.50...long queue.

Wholemeal bread bought at FP yesterday..price also increased. Fk

(05-10-2023, 12:43 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  i see KL Foodie always show case their traditional street hawker foods

also cook by malaysian.

Street food as in those literally cooked in the streets have no rental expense. If a location is not good, they just push the cart to another place to sell. There's no reinstatements and then renovation costs unlike here.

Those which sell at coffee shops, their rent is dirt cheap. Here, it can cost $8000.... to avoid suspicion of typo error I will spell it out... Eight Thousand Singapore Dollars... a month. That's more than Rm25000 a month. Jhks don't pay that, not even in KL.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(05-10-2023, 12:48 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  I just heard this morning from wet market that chicken price went up liao? Your chicken rice sure up price soon.     Big Grin

Price will stay the same, but less meat

(06-10-2023, 10:43 AM)hansamu Wrote:  PEK KIO HC only $2.50...long queue.

A lot of places still sell for $3.50 or $4.00 but some sell for even cheaper.

Most hawkers... they are also human... and maybe they have a religion or their mother had taught them well, and they have a conscience, and would not overcharge. 

It's only a minority of hawkers who are greedy and have no scruples who would overcharge using GST as an excuse. We should continue to call them out and post on social media.

By and large , hawkers are making profits. 
It's a matter of whether they are greedy or just contented, whether they want  to earn more or less.
[+] 1 user Likes hansamu's post

(06-10-2023, 10:45 AM)hansamu Wrote:  Wholemeal bread bought at FP yesterday..price also increased. Fk

Have you ever considered that salaries of their staff also increased? 

If only you get a salary increment and other peepur don't get it, the prices of the things their companies sell stay the same, and if they work in the company which lease the premsiss to businesses, and rental stays the same, they also don't get salary increments, then I also want to work in your company lor.

(06-10-2023, 11:06 AM)hansamu Wrote:  By and large , hawkers are making profits. 
It's a matter of whether they are greedy or just contented, whether they want  to earn more or less.

The free market will determine how much they can charge. They did raise prices recently but peepur did not boycott.  This means the recent prices are what consumers can accept.

Supposing tomorrow all mee pok sellers start charging $10 a bowl, I am sure there will be a backlash.