Singaporean says transitioning to ‘welfare society’ would boost population

Singaporean says transitioning to ‘welfare society’ would boost population, address high living costs

https://theindependent.sg/singaporean-sa...ing-costs/

He's right 👍.

Welfare state is a bad idea.
Just look at the welfare states around the world.

Once the money runs out there is financial disarray.

What we need is sustainable social programmes taking care of main aspects of life
1. Medical care - universal and affordable.
2. Retirement
3. Education especially access to university. Nobody should be denied due to lack of $$ every child should be train to fullest potential.
4. Keep cost of living low.

A govt should be focused on the above 4 aspects of living that affects everyone.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Just let the high net worth folks to legally have a few wives lor. Anyways better the rich and elites have more offsprings than the masses lah.

Transition to welfare society will only boost population of certain race only lah.

lol its alr a welfare state for them n a certain demographic

they abolished pension n instituted a gratuity system for ownself

after serving a couple of terms they will get gratuity for life

also very easy for certain demographic to get chas blue card n hand outs

i know sum1 with chas blue card but can take taxi to geylang mkt

name me one welfare kuntry where the "money has run out"

highest payed for them but no min wage for workers or poverty line??

cpf life also not guaranteed n ofc cpf interest is a derisory 2.5%

half of workers do not hv enuf brs at retirement means what??

"Welfare" is a taboo word in Singapore. Any initiative to raise child birth needs to be bold without resembling a welfare state initiative. Don't expect the govt to raise your kid for you.

Welfare can encourage laziness. E.g why I need to wake up early get to work if I can wait for monies to come to me without doing anything? I can pretend to go look for job but purposely flunk the interview etc because I know I will be fed by government and stupid ppl who go and work.

(23-06-2024, 08:13 PM)sgh Wrote:  Welfare can encourage laziness. E.g why I need to wake up early get to work if I can wait for monies to come to me without doing anything? I can pretend to go look for job but purposely flunk the interview etc because I know I will be fed by government and stupid ppl who go and work.

welfare can be creative.
like for every baby born give families additional chance and discount to move into bigger HDB flats 
free primary education 
if cannot reduce work hour for everyone , implement additional public holiday.

Anyway ii may a bit too late as Spore is increasing hard to defend.

lol ya rite the highest payed also the laziest cos they sleep openly in parleeement

Rotfl  Rotfl  Rotfl  Rotfl  Rotfl