VIDEO: Interesting interview with George Yeo in Endgame by Gita Wirjawan

The comments below the video at Youtube are quite interesting too. Especially the one on HAPPINESS.

well we saw him at the Vatican. same path as Camdesus who lorded over Suharto.
Later in HK
Given a job as a director in Singapore
nice try
[+] 1 user Likes singlon's post

Thanks. Always good to listen to GY talks. His knowledge and analysis is very good.

Long ago he wrote a very good piece for Pioneer Magazine or something and caught LKY's attention. That's how he got into politics with teo chee hian and lim hng kiang.... 3 presidents scholars.

(08-08-2022, 11:02 AM)RichDad Wrote:  Thanks. Always good to listen to GY talks. His knowledge and analysis is very good.

Long ago he wrote a very good piece for Pioneer Magazine or something and caught LKY's attention. That's how he got into politics with teo chee hian and lim hng kiang.... 3 presidents scholars.

I'll be very interested to know what he wrote in the magazine. You know where to get the article?

i no no the pioneer pc but he got great IQ
His role from the vatican to HK and his funeral business
and landed into Singapore as a director
is not a simple journey. Camdesus also did that after he lorded over Suharto
he went to work for the Vatican.
Must be beri stressed.
[Image: Screenshot-from-2022-08-08-11-30-14.png]

this fellow recently keep appear in lime light

suspect he is PAP choosen one to be New President

remember PE is next year.

(08-08-2022, 11:36 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  this fellow recently keep appear in lime light

All do two terms.

Smile

(08-08-2022, 11:36 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  this fellow recently keep appear in lime light

He may want to but pinky will not give his blessing. George has always been a competitor to him.

The problem with George Yeo is that he is good with theory but he is poor in practice.

He lost GE because he did not put good theory into practice.

No matter how good that he can talk, he will fail as leader if he cannot lead by example  and put theory into practice.

(08-08-2022, 11:23 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I'll be very interested to know what he wrote in the magazine. You know where to get the article?

Don't know. Can't find it now. So long ago.

(08-08-2022, 12:32 PM)forum456 Wrote:  The problem with George Yeo is that he is good with theory but he is poor in practice.

No matter how good that he can talk, he will fail as leader if he cannot lead by example  and put theory into practice.

You may have a point but he lost the GE because of LTK's grand gamble that paid off. I think any other minister would have lost also, except for PM , SM n MM.

But he is not secular enough, can't be PM. President maybe but he said he isn't interested anymore.

(08-08-2022, 01:12 PM)RichDad Wrote:  You may have a point but he lost the GE because of LTK's grand gamble that paid off. I think any other minister would have lost also, except for PM , SM n MM.

But he is not secular enough, can't be PM. President maybe but he said he isn't interested anymore.

not true.
If Khaw Boon Wan was there, he would not lose Aljunied GRC.
Mr Khaw is a leader who walks his talk.
That is why he was chosen to lead the process to pick our next PM and lead SPH spinoff.

although the Great reset is not done ,
various people have different grades
Highest is sovereign. Credit no limit
no jab required
Account credted: millions of Dola.
Wonder after his stink from the Vatican to HK to Singapore
got what grade?
infor is dangerous and once detected break in, grade will change to confuse.

(08-08-2022, 12:32 PM)forum456 Wrote:  The problem with George Yeo is that he is good with theory but he is poor in practice.

To be fair, he's not the only one; many ministers are like that. Good in speech but lousy in execution. I doubt LKY himself is a good executioner. But Georgie is ok lah. Don't fault him too much.
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

intermission
[Image: Screenshot-from-2022-08-08-14-15-09.png]

(08-08-2022, 02:07 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  To be fair, he's not the only one; many ministers are like that. Good in speech but lousy in execution. I doubt LKY himself is a good executioner. But Georgie is ok lah. Don't fault him too much.

Actually ministers got what to execute? They just formulate and debate policies and later communicate the policies to the voters. Convince, if cannot, then confuse.

Their ministries are the executioners.. the perm sec is the chief executioner.

(08-08-2022, 01:43 PM)forum456 Wrote:  not true.
If Khaw Boon Wan was there, he would not lose Aljunied GRC.
Mr Khaw is a leader who walks his talk.
That is why he was chosen to lead the process to pick our next PM and lead SPH spinoff.

You are entitled to your view but I don't agree that LKT will lose to Khaw. Ah cow was dispensable but ah low's team was not so dispensable at that point in time. That's my view.

(08-08-2022, 01:12 PM)RichDad Wrote:  You may have a point but he lost the GE because of LTK's grand gamble that paid off. I think any other minister would have lost also, except for PM , SM n MM.

This dog so good meh? Just rmb Cancun
That climate change event, how he totally misjudged the decision and is a total disgrace for misreading the sentiments on the ground

This dog will fail in any practical pursuits

He does not hv the cut and the foresight

But i can say the same thing about everyone in PAP

All CMI

I think our time frames too short
for ex George and the Indian Banker what his name r Foundation trustees of sotong
George after his election failure seemed to get his name deleted. U must be useful to the cause.The Great Reset.
every 13 out of 14 must die

with dat deletion George given another chance
u cannot get his name on that foundation list anymore.

(08-08-2022, 02:54 PM)RichDad Wrote:  Actually ministers got what to execute? They just formulate and debate policies and later communicate the policies to the voters. Convince, if cannot, then confuse.

Their ministries are the executioners.. the perm sec is the chief executioner.

I'm referring to their pre-minister days when I said they're not good executioners. Many are scholars who just need to help craft good vision, then the rest will be left to their underlings to do the real work. The problem with this is that they never really know what it takes to accomplish the real work because they're always at a high level. 

They really need to start from the ground up.

(08-08-2022, 11:02 AM)RichDad Wrote:  Thanks. Always good to listen to GY talks. His knowledge and analysis is very good.

You are welcome. 

This is one of the best interviews I have watched in the last few years. I am not familiar with George Yeo and did not expect such great analysis from him.

Really good stuff. You can see that the interviewer, Gita Wirjawan (former Trade Minister of Indonesia) was very impressed too by his many "wows" throughout the interview.