VIDEO: Tourist shocked that grocery shopping in Singapore is cheaper than in Canada

For those who prefer reading:

https://www.msn.com/en-sg/lifestyle/trav...63ce02d788

Better live near chinatown where things are much cheaper
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

Heng arh! I am not as stupid as Jac Lau.

His lettuce size is twice ours.

His white chicken eggs are bigger than ours.

One bag of onions weighing 4kg costs $3.99

His 1 litre mango yogurt costs only $2.99

His 1.3 litre tube ice- cream costs only $3 to $7.

[Image: Canada-icre-cream-cost-10-Dec-23.png]

[Image: Canada-icre-cream-cost-2-10-Dec-23.png]

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

[Image: Screenshot-20231210-212951-Whats-App.jpg]

Wah why these after discount still so expensive

I thought SG is most expensive country in the world?

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

(10-12-2023, 08:43 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Better live near chinatown where things are much cheaper

china town are Tiong enclave, many atb xmm.
[+] 1 user Likes K88 shu shu's post

I am also shocked that the salary in Canada is so much higher than Singapore.
[+] 1 user Likes Gemstar's post

(11-12-2023, 10:19 AM)Gemstar Wrote:  I am also shocked that the salary in Canada is so much higher than Singapore.

DOES CANADA HV ESTATE DUTY
THERE ARE >10BILLIONAIRES N >500MULTIMILLIONAEIRES IN SPORE

JUST IMAGINE THE TAXES WE CAN GET
BTW WHY DID PAP REMOVED  ANY GD REASONS TO QUANTIFY THIS MOVE  THIS TAX N IN WHICH YR
[+] 1 user Likes talky's post

(11-12-2023, 11:45 AM)talky Wrote:  DOES CANADA HV ESTATE DUTY
THERE ARE >10BILLIONAIRES N >500MULTIMILLIONAEIRES IN SPORE

JUST IMAGINE THE TAXES WE CAN GET
BTW WHY DID PAP REMOVED  ANY GD REASONS TO QUANTIFY THIS MOVE  THIS TAX N IN WHICH YR

Canada has no inheritance tax.

But its income tax is very high relative to Singapore. From 15% to 33$ at the federal level. Then depending on which province one is working in, can be as low as 11.5% to as high as 25.75%.

(11-12-2023, 11:52 AM)Levin Wrote:  Canada has no inheritance tax.

But its income tax is very high relative to Singapore. From 15% to 33$ at the federal level. Then depending on which province one is working in, can be as low as 11.5% to as high as 25.75%.

Note that normally, the full income tax will be federal tax plus provincial tax so Canadians pay a lot of taxes. Their take-home pay is most probably less than Singaporeans' take-home pay. But Quebec is different. For Quebec, the federal tax is reduced by 16.5%. Not the tax rate, only the taxes is reduced.

Also doesn't mean one pays less tax in Quebec relative to other parts of Canada as the provincial tax is the highest in Canada at 25.75%.

Obviously this Canadian mountain tortoise didn't travel to Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines or Indonesia
[+] 1 user Likes Scythian's post

I find him silly not comparing the quality of food which I believe is much better.

Another difference is taxes there are deducted from salaries first, yr end then reimbursed.

(12-12-2023, 06:27 AM)Scythian Wrote:  Obviously this Canadian mountain tortoise didn't travel to Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines or Indonesia

Huh? The guy is saying that he expected Singapore to be expensive as Singapore is known to be expensive. Turned out that Singapore is cheaper compared to Canada for the exact same brands or the same type of food. He is not saying Singapore is cheap, he is saying Singapore is cheaper than Canada for those stuff.