Vesak reflections

Mind is the forerunner of things, the mind is the leader. If one speaks or acts
With pure thoughts, happiness caused by them follows, like one's shadow that never leaves him.

May humankind find peace and harmony and everyone recognize each other as brothers and sisters. Let’s all celebrate Vesak Day.

Vesak Day is birth engligtenment and death of Buddha so coincidental. The most least offensive and aggressive religion among all I know of. In fact some ppl claim Buddhism is not strictly defined as a religion as it does not have a concept of God aka Almighty.

.my reflections.

Be mindful of those around you. Be considerate to their needs and well being. Only if wwe care for others then we can become worthy of our existence.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Keep thoughts away from ill will, attachments and cruelty.
Be mindful of the speech we all engage
In daily.
Wholesome thoughts we must dispel from the mind strongly.
Patience and endurance are most praiseworthy.
They are true hallmarks of spirituality.
Do good, avoid bad, strive on diligently.

(22-05-2024, 08:46 AM)Migrant Wrote:  Mind is the forerunner of things, the mind is the leader. If one speaks or acts
With pure thoughts, happiness caused by them follows, like one's shadow that never leaves him.

Wrong.

It's the eyes.

The mind can think nothing without inputs.  

Inputs.

Of all the sensory organs, the eyes are the first and foremost window to the evil out there.  See no evil, and you will think no evil.  Therefore it will do you a world of good to stop ogling at those panty peektures posted by Evertonranjiahardhard.

So many a yang man's future had come to grief because of upskirts and voyeurism.  The eyes.

Even the 1st sin was committed only because the eyes saw that fruit, and Eve was tempted.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(22-05-2024, 01:28 PM)Migrant Wrote:  Keep thoughts away from ill will, attachments and cruelty.
Be mindful of the speech we all engage
In daily.
Wholesome thoughts we must dispel from the mind strongly.
Patience and endurance are most praiseworthy.
They are true hallmarks of spirituality.
Do good, avoid bad, strive on diligently.

Mothers used to teach their chewren the above.  That was in the days when women didn't go out to work, and their thoughts were not so corrupt.  Nao, women work and have become as evil as can be, and they teach their chewren, if they aren't spinsters, how to be street smart.

The above and being street-smart do not synch well.  When you are streetsmart, you become ruthless, merciless, and deceptive.  Cunning.  Religion pulls you one way, the world pulls you the other.  In the end, most peepur settle for the instant gratification which this world gives, and if you are street smarter than the next, you get the prize.  How many will go for the rewards of the afterlife?  Few and far between lorh.

So, talk is cheap.  Talking about the above is easy, we all have built-in a conscience for good.  Yet for centuries, millennia, we tried and we failed.  This is why we need Jesus.  Siddhartha and Muh also need Jesus.  This is not what I say.  This is what the Bible says.  If it's what I say, you can consign my post to the bin as just some nonsense that's written by a laughing wolf.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

Don't just agree.  Don't just accept. 
You have to verify. 
When you know it's good and praise by the wise, 
Then live up to it for the rest of your life.

Doing good or being good doesn't mean being soft and being bullied. 
DJ monk's trying to justify his conduct, but it's openly an insult.
Singapore buddhist federation has to step in.

Live near a Tibetan Buddhist temple that one that is giving blessings to pets

They are a full production like some mega church

Atmosphere to me super commercial… like some mega church….

Not good at all…
And then see people praying and giving offerings and the first thing that came to my mind was ,,,really no need to do this
Just try and be a better person if religion so important to you

Can give offerings yet simple things like park illegally wanna fight et
Maybe that’s why so important to some to give offerings

In other words I saw and see a lot of HYPOCRISY in religion ,,,

You have 4 user(s) on ignore
Somme road, alerts,  Choc,  winbig

Foo Mee Har is my sister in law - FACT
https://linktr.ee/freckydoodles
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html