Video : Why Chinese are most cleverest people in the World

https://youtu.be/upV-uUwjVCw?t=40s

This year I quarrel with my mom again over this burning issue. 25yrs already i explain to her  that burning gold bars and car will not make it appear on the other side.

She always argue back ...if that is not the case why govt set up burning bun for us to burn....

You think the govt got go to the other world to verify that things reappear on the other side?

Plse remove those burning bin....and do the right thing to educate people.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(08-09-2021, 08:27 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  This year I quarrel with my mom again over this burning issue. 25yrs already i explain to her  that burning gold bars and car will not make it appear on the other side.

She always argue back ...if that is not the case why govt set up burning bun for us to burn....

You think the govt got go to the other world to verify that things reappear on the other side?

People have the right to their beliefs. Don't impose your opinion on others.
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

(08-09-2021, 08:35 AM)winbig Wrote:  People have the right to their beliefs. Don't impose your opinion on others.
If their belief have no negative impact on others and environment its okay they are free to believe.

However this burning cases pollution and smog. And its just superstition

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(08-09-2021, 08:37 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  If their belief have no negative impact on others and environment its okay they are free to believe.

However this burning cases pollution and smog. And its just superstition

This burning is nothing compared to those pollution released by industries lah.

(08-09-2021, 08:16 AM)BigBossX Wrote:  https://youtu.be/upV-uUwjVCw?t=40s

My most respected chief monk.

FOC?
https://www.scmp.com/tech/tech-war/artic...orean-chip

alright to burn as their believe.
but many any how burn. no want to burn properly just dump everything in to do a quick job.
result is a lot of smoke created in the neighbourhood and half burn paper.
some worse got set up drum for burning. they prefer to burn along the drain in front of their house. then the smoke get into their neighbours house. wonder why they do this?
got use meh? burn paper to 失德?
those other who don't burn paper really piss off bt bo pian in the name of harmony.
but it will build up over time until blow up.
just like someone like to cook spices too smelly to neighbour.

I suggest those who want to burn for the dead should burn them at the columbarium. This will solve all the burning problem.

(08-09-2021, 10:00 AM)eatsleepgoodlife Wrote:  I suggest those who want to burn for the dead should burn them at the columbarium. This will solve all the burning problem.

reduced sizes,  all mini can ?.a car the size of match box Big Grin

Understanding is the way forward.
Most do it by following whatever the previous generation was doing. 
But as we move forward, we have to change with times.
Why burn joss paper? Why use joss sticks? 
Is it a cultural or religious practice? 
We have to know why and not follow blindly.

(08-09-2021, 08:27 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  This year I quarrel with my mom again over this burning issue. 25yrs already i explain to her  that burning gold bars and car will not make it appear on the other side.

You should not do that. It doesn't really matter whether what a person is doing 'makes sense'. The most important thing is that he/she feels reassured by it, and becomes happier as a result. Just like a loved one likes to eat a slice of cake and it costs $10, you may think it's not worth it but to satisfy him/her, you should go and buy it. It's not always about logic.

Indians are the smartest.

They can even drink cow's urine and smear cowdung thoroughly on themselves to cure Covid especially of the Delta variant which originated from India.

Lol 😆

Every beliefs has something that many who are not in it will not get it or understand.

To make a joke out of another person’s beliefs for a learned person, that says a lot of themselves.

In Chinese beliefs things have changed over times, what was passed down for many years are seeing changes. These changes are due to change of circumstances as well as times. Because what’s practices before is no longer relevant, as such for those who don’t understand shouldn’t make any jokes or negative remarks over it. That’s a simple respect of other beliefs.

If simple respect is not given or presence? how would you convince others to believe in what you’re preaching or respect in your beliefs?

but chinese ppl wun take such remarks to heart one. not sure about others.

(08-09-2021, 03:15 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  but chinese ppl wun take such remarks to heart one. not sure about others.

True, many Chinese would not take to heart. Because in most instances with the Confucianism teaching being passed on to most Chinese family, they leave others with their remarks. 

If the same kind of token being joke on other beliefs, I don’t think they will leave them be.

Would Shame say anything this time?..... Thinking

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung