WD-40 is not a lubricant but a water displacement agent.

Hence the name: "WD" stands for "water dispersant", the number 40 refers to the "40th formula". 

The formula and designation has not changed to this day. The spray with low surface tension consists mainly of mineral spirits and petroleum. 

https://www.myhomebook.de/tools/kriechoel-wd-40?ref=1&dtp=5bk1_1&tbl=MEHR%20VON%20UNSEREN%20BOOKS

Removing lipstick from fabrics: As with many types of stains, a spray of WD-40 will help to clean the garment. Also works with coffee, tea, ink or tomato juice.
Remove labels and stickers: Even stubborn adhesive residues can be removed from surfaces with the penetrating oil.
Anti-fog Spray: Polishing the bathroom mirror with WD-40 will keep it from fogging up, just like this home remedy .
Defense against snails: Do not spray on the snails, but preventively on the edge of the plant pots.
Removing chewing gum from carpets: Yes, the spray even removes tough chewing gum from the carpet pile. This also applies to glue and wax, by the way!
Eliminate limescale deposits: Whether on the shower head or on the sink, WD-40 helps against limescale and prevents new deposits.
Sharp knives and scissors: The penetrating oil can be used to prevent the blades from rusting.
Shoveling snow: Is the snow sticking to the shovel? No problem, a spray of the water-repellent agent works here too.
Remove paint residue from hands: After painting, you can also use WD-40 for your hands instead of washing paste.
Frost protection for the car lock: unfortunately only helps before the lock is frozen. Timely treatment will save you from trouble at low temperatures.
[+] 1 user Likes theold's post

yes, its not.
learnt it when i was looking for grease/lub for my bikes

You have 4 user(s) on ignore
Somme road, alerts,  Choc,  winbig

Foo Mee Har is my sister in law - FACT
https://linktr.ee/freckydoodles
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html

I love WD 40. Wonder invention.

I still prefer Singer oil. Rotfl
Easy to control.
WD spray if you lose the tube, it will be messy.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

gd for loosening rusty nuts, cleaning stains on car sports rims, windshield wipers.

another use is making antiques. spray a lot on coins and wait a few days, they'll look like ancient coins

WD 40 and Singer oil and Snake Powder and 西瓜霜 etc are best inventions of mankind and not that too expensive. These items really help a lot of chores we find it hard to do. I have fond memories of Snake Powder during NS times no need water to bathe still ok.
[+] 1 user Likes sgh's post

(06-11-2022, 12:04 PM)sgh Wrote:  WD 40 and Singer oil and Snake Powder and 西瓜霜 etc are best inventions of mankind and not that too expensive. These items really help a lot of chores we find it hard to do. I have fond memories of Snake Powder during NS times no need water to bathe still ok.

fully agree. but unfortunately most ppl not aware of them especially the last 2

(06-11-2022, 11:57 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  another use is making antiques. spray a lot on coins and wait a few days, they'll look like ancient coins

so that's how those antique dealers are scamming Lau Jac...................... Laughter-13 Rotfl Laughter-144
[+] 1 user Likes Napoleon Porlumpar's post

(06-11-2022, 12:04 PM)sgh Wrote:  WD 40 and Singer oil and Snake Powder and 西瓜霜 etc are best inventions of mankind and not that too expensive. These items really help a lot of chores we find it hard to do. I have fond memories of Snake Powder during NS times no need water to bathe still ok.

True, usually works and is cheap.

For electronics, it is contact cleaner.

[Image: IMG-20211018-WA0000.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Migrant's post