WP MP Louis Chua on Singapore’s housing issues: ‘Insanity is doing the same thing

WP MP Louis Chua on Singapore’s housing issues: ‘Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results’

https://theindependent.sg/wp-mp-louis-ch...t-results/
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

This is indeed true. Insanity makes people vote for the same party thinking they will transform.
[+] 3 users Like Wy:Nox's post

I already say why Opposition never say this
To PAP shoot them back keep mention foreigners talents

“ put yourself as foreigners talents Which You all keep mention need them , if rental keep rising you expect they come SG ? Whereby half their wages go for rental ? “

And rental value is in line with property value

(07-02-2023, 07:02 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  I already say why Opposition never say this
To PAP shoot them back keep mention foreigners talents

“ put yourself as foreigners talents Which You all keep mention need them , if rental keep rising you expect they come SG ? Whereby half their wages go for rental ? “

And rental value is in line with property value

FTs needs to live in a house, and rental is the way out.  If rentals are too high they may by-pass Singapore.......... Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

(07-02-2023, 07:12 PM)debono Wrote:  FTs needs to live in a house, and rental is the way out.  If rentals are too high they may by-pass Singapore.......... Big Grin

This why If I inside the Parliament will backfire them, Want keep mention need Foreigner talents yet Housing rental so high ?

I don't think there is insanity in the current system, just that there are many loopholes that allow people to milk their flats for windfall profits. Just recently, keeping flats empty for five years to meet MOP is one. Allowing people to keep their HDB flat for rental while living elsewhere is another. These loopholes have the effect of limiting the supply of resale flats and should be nipped in the bud.

[Image: Screenshot-2023-02-07-19-30-29-968-org-t...senger.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20230207-192442-402.jpg]

(07-02-2023, 07:30 PM)starbugs Wrote:  I don't think there is insanity in the current system, just that there are many loopholes that allow people to milk their flats for windfall profits. Just recently, keeping flats empty for five years to meet MOP is one. Allowing people to keep their HDB flat for rental while living elsewhere is another. These loopholes have the effect of limiting the supply of resale flats and should be nipped in the bud.

Govt KEEP mention will build more and more BTO flats cater for the people, the PROBLEM IS NOT SUPPLY

IS TOO MUCH SUPPLY , as you already mention , Some ballot is " Park there " and later sell off .
Is NOT They urgent need a Home of theirs.
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

Who says PAP wants a different result...they are okay to squeeze your balls. The more expensive flats are the more they make.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

PAP will cheat lies and steal vote
[+] 1 user Likes grotesqueness's post

(07-02-2023, 07:30 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  This why If I inside the Parliament will backfire them, Want keep mention need Foreigner talents yet Housing rental so high ?
If Govt die die must hv FTs here whereby rental is sky high, then govt shd build workers families dormitories catered for them.

(07-02-2023, 07:30 PM)starbugs Wrote:  I don't think there is insanity in the current system, just that there are many loopholes that allow people to milk their flats for windfall profits. Just recently, keeping flats empty for five years to meet MOP is one. Allowing people to keep their HDB flat for rental while living elsewhere is another. These loopholes have the effect of limiting the supply of resale flats and should be nipped in the bud.
I agree............... Clapping

(07-02-2023, 10:17 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  If Govt die die must hv FTs here whereby rental is sky high, then govt shd build workers families dormitories catered for them.

This is why This current PAP just like '" Anyhow in fact " One side claim We need Foreigner Talents but ?? High rental ?

Even so call they earn 10k above literally half already go to rental
[+] 2 users Like [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

We are screwed.
不怕遭雷劈!

Till now they still think housing is affordable. Rotfl 

Sg Aging population will kill property market.
High housing loan rate will teach them lesson.

Dont go and believe US can fight high inflation.
US bond market is now in trouble.

US 140% debt to GDP is a serious problem.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

we alway follow USA., even.the high cost , inflation. buT job paid is too low for this environment.

(07-02-2023, 10:17 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  If Govt die die must hv FTs here whereby rental is sky high, then govt shd build workers families dormitories catered for them.

you look at malaysia 

FT cannot compete with local on housing

FT from Singapore must pay million dollars housing 

their local do not have rto

Just change the bto rules lor. Only those married, pregnant (show gynecologist scan of newborn as proof) can get the new hdb flats. Don't do bto but instead build a supply. Supply each year tied to number of marriages in previous year.

All existing new HDB owners after MOP wanna sell must show water and electricity bill for last 5 years. Those with iffy bills will be forced to return their HDB flats and only get back the same as what they had put in or market value whichever lower.
[+] 1 user Likes Sticw's post

(07-02-2023, 07:45 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Who says PAP wants a different result...they are okay to squeeze your balls. The more expensive flats are the more they make.

My uncle says not benefiting from BTO so curse swear under-pricing of BTO and letting freeloaders earn the differentials vs the market rates eg: Pinnacle some freeloaders can earn up to $1M buying BTO, stay few years and let go in the market . . . how about garmen distribute the gains to whole population?!?!?!?

(07-02-2023, 01:10 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  WP MP Louis Chua on Singapore’s housing issues: ‘Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results’

https://theindependent.sg/wp-mp-louis-ch...t-results/

Stupidity has no cure lah! Big Grin

Opp also equally weak asking questions that given ruling party chance to shoot back

(07-02-2023, 07:31 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  [Image: Screenshot-2023-02-07-19-30-29-968-org-t...senger.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20230207-192442-402.jpg]

Didnt know he is also one of the jokers. Rotfl
They create the problem by inflating the housing price artificially, now he say they are selling cheaper.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

One of the best arguement put across is that the govt priced the HDB high and gave out subsidies. Those subsidies came from taxpayer's so indirectly it's a vicious cycle of pushing up the prices at the expense of the people and in turn taking away your cpf that was meant for your retirement.

The commoners must understand that any money coming from the govt is but taxes you paid. From a social pov, it's redistribution of wealth from the rich to the poor. But when you look into the details it's actually the poor and middle class paying cos the rich gained even more since they don't stay in that many properties but buy and rent out or take profit from it each round of the boom and bust cycle. And if a commoner is to mimic that profiting from the very property they own, they get resale levy and crawl backs etc.

Like I mentioned before, 5% of the population owns 95% of everything in Sg. Who is in this 5% group and will any policy be done such that the final result is to make the rich poorer and the masses getting life and freedom? If indeed it does, our Gini coefficient would not be where it is. Our budget will not have more Singaporeans on the handout like what it is today.

Food for thoughts for the commoners. And as always, don't blame the actors, blame the voters.
[+] 1 user Likes Sticw's post