Zero-Covid strategy no longer feasible due to highly infectious Delta variant: PM Lee

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/p...ralysed-by

A zero-Covid-19 strategy is no longer feasible given how infectious the Delta variant is, said Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong as he set out the country’s situation and what has changed.

With vaccinations, the virus has become  a mild, treatable disease for most, he added, urging people to go about their daily activities, taking necessary precautions and complying with safe management measures.

Key to this shift is updating mindsets to respect the virus but not be paralysed by fear, Mr Lee said in an address to the nation on Saturday (Oct 9).

(09-10-2021, 07:19 PM)forum456 Wrote:  https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/p...ralysed-by

A zero-Covid-19 strategy is no longer feasible given how infectious the Delta variant is, said Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong as he set out the country’s situation and what has changed.

With vaccinations, the virus has become  a mild, treatable disease for most, he added, urging people to go about their daily activities, taking necessary precautions and complying with safe management measures.

Key to this shift is updating mindsets to respect the virus but not be paralysed by fear, Mr Lee said in an address to the nation on Saturday (Oct 9).

And WHO ALLOWED THE IMPORTS OF FTsFWs from the South Asian Country?

tomorrow will be a better day

own self checked own self. keep importing and now what happened. from where U imports come from where so obvious, still got faced to show yourself. we are the venerable, what you do will affect our life.
[+] 1 user Likes jus4lucky's post

If there is any thing that I will give a thumb up for today's crap speech, it will be for this point.

Everyone can see there is a change in strategy. Everyone is taken to be dumb to not notice the change in strategy. Task force refused to say we are screwed by delta big time.

Come out clean in a formal announcement to explain why there is a need to change, and everyone try to move on in the new direction.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

This sounds like PAP has given up hope liao

But other countries like China, Vietnam, HKG, Japan, etc are all able to control the virus spread leh, how come ah?