If govt is so confident about their vaccine

then they should make it mandatory. The fact that they didn't make it mandatory shows that they're not confident of its long-term effects. I'll rather they have a strong position on this, dun waver like the Western countries.
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

They deployed large number of riot police liao!

(14-10-2021, 12:47 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  They deployed large number of riot police liao!

Is it because of protests by the dorm stayers?

(14-10-2021, 12:48 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Is it because of protests by the dorm stayers?

The dorm stayers are well looked after with food for them and hospitalization if necessary.. Big Grin

(14-10-2021, 12:45 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  then they should make it mandatory. The fact that they didn't make it mandatory shows that they're not confident of its long-term effects. I'll rather they have a strong position on this, dun waver like the Western countries.

Nobody can be sure of long term effects but covid19 long covid effects is much worse for people unvaxed.

Our leaders have set the example by getting vaxed.....that is their confidence level.

We all face uncertainty as the vaccine has side effects for some and allegic reaction in certain groups. But to date it is known to be rare. Most have taken the step to get vaccinated. Even if one takes the bus...bus can get involved in accident ...such accidents are more likely than vaccination effects.

Nothing is hidden as vaccines like Astrozeneca was pulled when discovered to have severe  side effects ..only when better understood then its usage continue.

In uncertain times solutions will contain uncertainty. There will be pain in decisions made. 

No govt has made the vaccine mandatory because if you are so fearful of it you can choose restrictions and don't affect others. In situations where you need to work and interact with others ...there is no choice ..you either test everyday or get vaccinated. Some employers are not going to give you luxury of indecision so they will ask you to go if you keep procrastinating.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(14-10-2021, 12:51 PM)debono Wrote:  The dorm stayers are well looked after with food for them and hospitalization if necessary.. Big Grin

You investigated and made this conclusion based on your investigation?
[+] 1 user Likes cityhantam's post

(14-10-2021, 12:45 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  then they should make it mandatory. The fact that they didn't make it mandatory shows that they're not confident of its long-term effects. I'll rather they have a strong position on this, dun waver like the Western countries.

I think they will make it mandatory once there are non-mrna vaccines in the national program. The only hope is Novavax. Looks like for reasons known only to themselves, Sinovac and Sinopharm wont be in.

(14-10-2021, 01:29 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  You investigated and made this conclusion based on your investigation?

It is an open secret what our govt.had done for them, free food, better sleeping conditions, more bathrooms, better kitchen facilities and free medical care for them.... Big Grin

(14-10-2021, 01:29 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Nobody can be sure of long term effects but covid19 long covid effects is much worse for people unvaxed.

Our leaders have set the example by getting vaxed.....that is their confidence level.

We all face uncertainty as the vaccine has side effects for some and allegic reaction in certain groups. But to date it is known to be rare. Most have taken the step to get vaccinated. Even if one takes the bus...bus can get involved in accident ...such accidents are more likely than vaccination effects.

Nothing is hidden as vaccines like Astrozeneca was pulled when discovered to have severe  side effects ..only when better understood then its usage continue.

In uncertain times solutions will contain uncertainty. There will be pain in decisions made. 

No govt has made the vaccine mandatory because if you are so fearful of it you can choose restrictions and don't affect others. In situations where you need to work and interact with others ...there is no choice ..you either test everyday or get vaccinated. Some employers are not going to give you luxury of indecision so they will ask you to go if you keep procrastinating.

I think everyone knows that in life nothing is certain. But the govt should take a firm stand instead of vacillating between decisions. Now, they're implementing measures which sort of 'force' people to take the jab. To me, this is half-hearted. People will be angry with all these measures anyway so why not take a step further and made it mandatory?

The govt gives me the feeling they want to do something but do not want to be seen as dictatorial. Neither here nor there. Let's do it by LKY's way - do something and take responsibility for it. Don't be a hypocrite and tell people you're only 'encouraging' them to take the jabs when this is not the case at all.
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

(14-10-2021, 01:45 PM)debono Wrote:  It is an open secret what our govt.had done for them, free food, better sleeping conditions, more bathrooms, better kitchen facilities and free medical care for them.... Big Grin

That was during the last dom outbreak. 

Now is different. 

Last time it was strict isolation and testings. Now you have to live with the virus and take care of yourself, including doing your own tests!  You don't know the new guidelines?

It is not just long term effects but also, Pfizer is not effective against death caused by Delta that was imported.

In all, PAP is using Vaccination as a Political Scapegoat to open up the Economy.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 4 users Like Ola's post

(14-10-2021, 02:44 PM)Ola Wrote:  It is not just long term effects but also, Pfizer is not effective against death caused by Delta that was imported.

In all, PAP is using Vaccination as a Political Scapegoat to open up the Economy.

Pfizer may only be good ordinary covid-19 virus, but not it's Delta or Black Fungus or MU variant virus.  Therefore many prefer to be vaccinated with Sinovac or Sinoharm vaccine...
[+] 2 users Like debono's post

(14-10-2021, 01:55 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I think everyone knows that in life nothing is certain. But the govt should take a firm stand instead of vacillating between decisions. Now, they're implementing measures which sort of 'force' people to take the jab. To me, this is half-hearted. People will be angry with all these measures anyway so why not take a step further and made it mandatory?

The govt gives me the feeling they want to do something but do not want to be seen as dictatorial. Neither here nor there. Let's do it by LKY's way - do something and take responsibility for it. Don't be a hypocrite and tell people you're only 'encouraging' them to take the jabs when this is not the case at all.

Just follow the restrictions if not vaxed ...if you feel you are forced .. then it's your feeling.

I disagree with the govt taking so much risk by opening up so I choose to stay at home. I will be upset if the govt make it mandatory for me to go out right?

Similarly those unvaxed can follow restrictions...if can't get vaccinated....it is not complicated. 

If the govt make it compulsory more will be furious that their rights are violated.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(14-10-2021, 01:45 PM)debono Wrote:  It is an open secret what our govt.had done for them, free food, better sleeping conditions, more bathrooms, better kitchen facilities and free medical care for them.... Big Grin

Why u love to talk so much cok?
[+] 2 users Like Notdumb's post

hello bro, hru doing?
yes should make it mandatory.
now, unvax facing problems now.
Cannot go in mal, dine in hawker / resturants.

(14-10-2021, 03:25 PM)Hfourhappy Wrote:  hello bro, hru doing?
yes should make it mandatory.
now, unvax facing problems now.
Cannot go in mal, dine in hawker / resturants.

Hi bro, good to see you here. Hope to see you here more often Smile

My point is that since they're already making the unvax happy, then make it mandatory for them as it'll make no difference anyway. I hate the way the govt try to do certain things but don't dare to take responsibility for it.

We must listen to our gov health experts...
[Image: giphy.gif]

Confused

(14-10-2021, 03:44 PM)ODA TETSURO Wrote:  We must listen to our gov health experts...
[Image: giphy.gif]

He is the only expert. Most of the time seeing him on TV? Thinking

He never kena covid, he know meh?

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(14-10-2021, 03:28 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Hi bro, good to see you here. Hope to see you here more often Smile

My point is that since they're already making the unvax happy, then make it mandatory for them as it'll make no difference anyway. I hate the way the govt try to do certain things but don't dare to take responsibility for it.

If the govt. were to make it mandatory, then they are forcing us to comply with 3 vaccination.  But the govt. is subtly wanting the populace to have the 3 free jabs, so that they will not be seen as being undemocratic and doctorial .....  Rolleyes

(14-10-2021, 03:51 PM)debono Wrote:  If the govt. were to make it mandatory, then they are forcing us to comply with 3 vaccination.  But the govt. is subtly wanting the populace to have the 3 free jabs, so that they will not be seen as being undemocratic and doctorial .....  Rolleyes

They wont make it mandatory becos 4th jab is coming? Thinking

You can make it mandatory provided the vaccine is 99.9% effective.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post