What do you do when you encounter a wild bear...

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

I will just say hi. Normally nothing else to do as all I have to do as to outrun my traveling companions Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Malaysia.?

Black bears usually less aggressive

This will not work if it is Grissly bear or Polar bear

Scary....Best is to pretend you are dead.
Do bears eat dead carcasses?

(05-03-2023, 07:55 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  

I suspect that is a staged video with trained zoo or animal trainers. Seriously, an untrained person like you or anyone would be shivering and may be shitting in your pants, so how to keep still. The video even show one of them slowly moving away without any sign of fear which added to my suspicion of their trained status. For me, I would rather run away as I am a good runner or whack the animal if I have suitable weapon in hand.

So lesson learnt is stay at home in your room and dun go travelling as it is dangerous. Flying - planr  might drop, sailing - ship might sink, walking in park - might meet bear or wolves or robbers. ..... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

not possible for them to be so near the bear.

when they saw the bear, they should have run away and not stay there to wait for the bear to come near.

go such place at least bring a pepper spray if not gun
must be AT tourist in USA/Canada