What does Otah prices tells us about cost of living in Sg vs Malaysia

In Malaysia
[Image: EC7cMBX.jpg]

In Singapore
[Image: h2dreYc.jpg]

A freehold condo of the same size costs 5X in Singapore.
A car costs 4x and cost 3x to operate.
Medical costs is 3.5x more in Singapore.
and so on.....

It is counter productive to raise the per capita GDP by 10% and have housing prices go up by 20%...the citizens are worse off.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

The best situation is to make money here and spend it there
[+] 2 users Like WhatDoYouThink!'s post

(05-03-2023, 08:51 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  The best situation is to make money here and spend it there

If you are working Singapore you have no choice except to spend in Singapore...you can't be going to Malaysia everyday..majority of Singaporeans can't.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Retire there lor

Normally corrupted gov do not fleece their citizens....while those perceived to be uncorrupted always fleece it's citizens. It has nothing to do with SG fake inflation.
[+] 1 user Likes Notdumb's post

(05-03-2023, 08:55 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Retire there lor

That is the logical conclusion looking at the situation

However, what really is the point of raising incomes when cost of items rise more ...

(05-03-2023, 08:55 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Retire there lor

yes thinking of surrender my citizenship and take back all my CPF money, retired in bolehland.

based on the exchange rate 1 : 3, me can had approx $3.5M after selling my hdb flat.

(05-03-2023, 09:01 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  That is the logical conclusion looking at the situation

However, what really is the point of raising incomes when cost of items rise more ...

Just treat this country like a hotel. They forced me to think this way, so dun blame me for not having any feeling of loyalty.
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

SG no flooding … thats why

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(05-03-2023, 09:16 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  SG no flooding … thats why

Yes only have ponding  ..no flooding

(05-03-2023, 09:01 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  That is the logical conclusion looking at the situation

no need to live in Malaysia, just vote for a  new govt will solve the problem.

New garment will learn from the old, so the problems won't go away
[+] 2 users Like WhatDoYouThink!'s post

do you know what is wrong with PAP who is not a good govt for the welfare of citizens ?

(05-03-2023, 09:30 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  New garment will learn from the old, so the problems won't go away

you need a new govt which focus on citizens come  first and not govt comes first.

does the PAP know why PAP lost Aljunied GRC and then followed by loss of SengKang GRC  ?

don't think PAP know because loss of SengKang is a repeat of Aljunied GRC's loss.
A mistake is repeated.

(05-03-2023, 09:04 PM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  yes thinking of surrender my citizenship and take back all my CPF money, retired in bolehland.

based on the exchange rate 1 : 3, me can had approx $3.5M after selling my hdb flat.

Anwar will give you citizenship mah?

a group of voters will give in to PAP and say will retire in JB if Singapore is too expensive.

another group of voters will not give in to PAP and vote for a new govt to retire in Singapore.

the purpose of vote is to vote for the govt to take care of you and not to leave Singapore when you want to retire.

rich people like Mr Loo can retire in JB, how about the poor people ? cannot retire ?

(05-03-2023, 09:23 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Yes only have ponding  ..no flooding

now not even ponding …. just look across the causeway …. annual event.
Lets be grateful instead being a whiny greedy prick

[+] 1 user Likes Tangsen's post

(05-03-2023, 09:04 PM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  yes thinking of surrender my citizenship and take back all my CPF money, retired in bolehland.

If My become much safer will then can consider.

If it's safer, prices will be 10x more expensive than it's now

(05-03-2023, 10:26 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  If it's safer, prices will be 10x more expensive than it's now

Malaysia is safe except for JB.
In fact Malaysia is safer than US and Europe.

(06-03-2023, 08:00 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Malaysia is safe except for JB.

Safe? How long have u stayed there?

Malaysia is great for Singaporeans as Singaporeans' purchasing power is very much larger there. Actually, Singaporeans' purchasing power is larger even in Singapore compared to Malaysians' purchasing power in Malaysia based on PPP.

Malaysia is not that great for Malaysians.
[+] 1 user Likes Levin's post

(05-03-2023, 08:43 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  In Malaysia

In Singapore

and so on.....

It is counter productive to raise the per capita GDP by 10% and have housing prices go up by 20%...the citizens are worse off.

nation wide PONZI SCHEME

(05-03-2023, 09:27 PM)forum456 Wrote:  no need to live in Malaysia, just vote for a  new govt will solve the problem.

Wait for the Son of Yang to return home and form a new party
And fight his uncle’s son
Who happens to be his cousin
Who happens to share the same grandfather

Tampines & West Coast GRCs are there for the taking 

(06-03-2023, 08:00 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Malaysia is safe except for JB.

If you think Malaysia is safe, you are still living as a hermit in some kampong
Do you know even in Kuala Lumpur, if you are sitting in some outside cafe or eatery 
You CANNOT leave your wallet or phone on your table even you are sitting there chatting with a friend?
Someone will casually walk by and snatch them away
If you try to go after them, you’ll be clocked by some motor cycle gangs
In Ipoh, if you leave your car at the petrol station and go in the shop to make payment
Someone will drive your car away
As you make a hopless police report, the car is probably on the way to the borders of Thailand
Many daily examples I can give you

Tampines & West Coast GRCs are there for the taking 
[+] 1 user Likes Bluebull's post

[Image: giphy.gif]

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

(05-03-2023, 08:43 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  In Malaysia

In Singapore

and so on.....

It is also counterproductive that you migrated from Muar to Singapore.

Right!  Your Muar otah is very famous in your motherland.  Go back.

(05-03-2023, 09:30 PM)forum456 Wrote:  do you know what is wrong with PAP who is not a good govt for the welfare of citizens ?

Singh would be a better PM?

He will make English mandatory for all PRs and new citizesn. Laughing

(06-03-2023, 10:06 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Singh would be a better PM?

He will make English mandatory for all PRs and new citizesn. Laughing

You are a neh lah …. I proposed all PRs and new citizens must mandatory learn 2 languages of our national language … choose 2, English, Chinese, Malay or Tamil