What happened to investigation into local crypto scam?

Torque scam which followed quite standard modus operandi.

After collecting investor money and running the scan for a while. They did something called a "rug pull" which is a standard procedure to close the scam. Standard methods are claiming accounts hacked all the money is gone, rogue employee stole the money and vanished. etc etc.

It has been one year and the police has not charged the perpetrators of the crime. I wonder if they have the technical expertise to do so. If not more such scams will be committed and the scammer can just walk free.

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/co...to-trading

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

TS how badly were you hit, given your penchant for trying dubious things Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(04-06-2022, 07:28 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  TS how badly were you hit, given your penchant for trying dubious things Big Grin

I do not try 'dubious things' only things I fully understand.

I definitely don't touch cryptos as every single one is either a scam or pure speculation.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post