What led to the US stock market rout and how will it affect Asian markets?

Explainer: What led to the US stock market rout and how will it affect Asian markets?

The US Federal Reserve's campaign to increase interest rates has put immense pressure on the stock market and caused a ripple effect on Asian shares, which slid sharply on Tuesday (June 14).

📉 https://tdy.sg/3xPZFat

Those markets that follow USA up will come down with the US

There are markets that did not correlate with the US. Like China and HK....these will not follow US closely

SG market did not go up.much will just have small moves when US market rollercoaster.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

The Fed is walking a tightrope balancing between curbing inflation & raising interest rates without stalling the economic engines

The choices it makes will have direct consequences on 2 opposite ends of the demography: 
- Young families with little cash, big housing loans, car loans & mouths to feed who will be affected by rising cost of living unless the Fed tames inflation
-Matured couples free of debts whose grown up children have moved out, but have retirement funds 401k invested in stocks that will be badly affected by a market crash induced by the Fed's interest rate hike recession fear

Between these 2, the Fed can only save either 1 of them but not both

The one with the bigger voting & lobbying power will determine who the Fed will save first

The mid terms election is around the corner, and Biden has been threatened by his own Democratic party that they will drop him at the end (or even before) of his term

One word. FULL MOON. Tats the secret how to play market.

Fed sells bond is a very bearish news. It is not simply on rate hike.

Fed only reduce 10% nia. Market already scare like shxt. 谁要做接盘侠?

When buying the bond, Fed has the control.
When selling the bond, Fed has no control.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

Who is the big bond seller now?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/...s-billions

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

I already sold my YZJ. Earn $3k I run road.

One thing for sure: If you know the market beforehand, you won't be here posting..