Shopee stock drops 26% after missing revenue

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/startup...-forecasts

NEW York-listed Sea has reported a third consecutive profitable quarter, posting a US$331 million profit for the three months ended Jun 30, compared to a loss a year prior.

Revenue for the second quarter rose 5.2 per cent to US$3.1 billion, from US$2.9 billion in Q2 2022. However, revenue for the latest quarter was still below the forecast amount of US$3.3 billion.

Revenue growth in Q2 2023 was driven by the e-commerce and other services segment, which grew 32.3 per cent to US$2.3 billion in Q2 2023 from US$1.8 billion in Q2 2022. This came on the back of improved monetisation in the e-commerce business and growth of the credit business.

I don't think it is revenue or profits.
It is just that the stock remains overvalued and plunged to more sane levels.

Previously it was held mostly by jnvestors chasing hype stocks because it went up 12X.

Today it crashed to earth and becomes a "value stock" but as value stock its share price is too high.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(17-08-2023, 06:19 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I don't think it is revenue or profits.
It is just that the stock remains overvalued and plunged to  more sane levels.

Previously it was held mostly by jnvestors chasing  hype stocks because it went up 12X.

Today it crashed to earth and becomes a "value stock" but as value stock its share price is too high.

true, just wait for cheaper px to enter.
wat px u think is fair value???