What to do about rising medical costs in Singapore?

(12-04-2024, 07:18 AM)winbig Wrote:  In SG they'll protect these 2 professions.

Nobody can stop technology progress.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

AI robot main purpose is to replace high qualification jobs.

However, there are still few jobs will not replaced by AI robot namely.
a)Judge
b)Child care teacher

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(11-04-2024, 09:24 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Means citizens are footing most of the bill. It's funny how the hospital bill always shows huge subsidy for citizens but the end amount is still very high. I suspect they just mark it up by a lot then give u the illusion that they give u big discount.
[Image: Chicken-Wings.jpg]

(11-04-2024, 08:08 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  It is naive to believe that the healthcare industry in S'pore has to make a collaborative effort to serve the community, ahead of the profit motive. Unfortunately, the Govt can only ensure that health services are kept affordable for the masses in public sector facilities. The reality is that private medical care is a business where operators of clinics and hospitals are responsible to their shareholders in terms of profits and dividends. 

You see the hwalthcare disaster in US where health care resources are privatised for profits.....

The top healtcare nations France and Canada limits the amount of private care....sector.

Can an ordinary Singaporean compete with the billionaires and multi millionaires and top professionals   PAP brings in?...

Theh draw o. Medical resources and can pay top dollars...

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(11-04-2024, 04:27 PM)Geneco Wrote:  Very simple mah...

Sph 900 million divert to healthcare can le.... Tongue

is sure wasting tax payer money to feed sph 

govt always say cant make it close down let others take over yet un this instances they not only go against their own words but do more in the opp direction.

They controlled number of medical students for too long.

(12-04-2024, 10:50 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  You see the hwalthcare disaster in US where health care resources are privatised for profits.....The top healtcare nations France and Canada limits the amount of private care....sector.  Can an ordinary Singaporean compete with the billionaires and multi millionaires and top professionals   PAP brings in?...Theh draw o. Medical resources and can pay top dollars...

Formal fee guidelines for consultations and outpatient treatments are only for general reference. These recommended prices do empower patients to make more informed choices when considering their personal needs and preferences. However, patients who opt for private healthcare must be prepared to pay what the market is able to bear. 
Apart from doctors’ charges, there are other elements responsible for the continued escalation in private healthcare costs. Skyrocketing rents for clinics are a contributory factor which is driven by demand from doctors leaving the public sector, and the institutionalisation of ownership and management of clinic space through private developers, property funds and Reits. The proliferation of public listings by medical groups and private hospitals has health-cost implications. Conflict of interest, accountability to shareholders and monopolistic practices associated with medical IPOs would inevitably result in higher charges. 

There's nothing you can do about it.
All must contribute to the huge pap reserves.

Besides voting them out.
[+] 1 user Likes Alice Alicia's post