What you need to know about Singapore's upcoming presidential election

"To fulfil the public sector condition, presidential candidates must have held office - for at least three years - as a minister, chief justice, Speaker of Parliament, attorney-general or permanent secretary among others. 

Chief executives of key statutory boards or government-owned companies like Temasek also qualify.

Meanwhile, private sector candidates must have served for at least three years as chief executive of a company that has at least S$500 million (US$370 million) in shareholders' equity and has made profit after tax throughout those three years. "

Mean that if you are a minister, chief justice, Speaker of Parliament, attorney-general or permanent secretary, or Chief executives of key statutory boards or government-owned companies like Temasek is equivalent to a private CEO with S$500 million (US$370 million) in shareholders' equity and has made profit after tax throughout those three years. Make sense?

If you say minister, chief justice, Speaker of Parliament, attorney-general or permanent secretary, or Chief executives of key statutory boards, don't have shareholders' equity and hprofit after tax, fine.. But government-owned companies like Temasek also don't need S$500 million (US$370 million) in shareholders' equity and has made profit after tax throughout those three years? Why? GOC no need to be big enough or make a profit is it? SMRT Corp and SIA, are GOC that probably doesn't meet the profit after tax for 3 years.

And with the latest criteria, can Ah Chew still qualify? Titok most likely got S$500 million (US$370 million) in shareholders' equity, but are they making profit after tax throughout those three years? If even Ah Chew also cannot qualify, what hope are there for private sector candidate to run for president?

Look like another walkover again due to insufficient candidates..

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...on-3523291

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

Merlion "Finally EP is open to all races, I can go and apply to be a candidate. I am in sinkie land way earlier than anyone and my face is used as a national symbol."

Stranger "Sorry, but you failed to meet the entry criteria of EP.."

Merlion "wtf.."

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

If this astute and super classy businesswoman ever ran for the elected presidency in Singapore, she'd win hands down.

https://www.bannedsite.com/forum/current...hands-down

What you need to know..

The Istana expenditure on "Toilet Papers" recorded the sharpest drop for 6 years (never seen before).

Maybe an auditor is required to certify true and fair view on the huge savings.

Any opinion as to why?

Finally, Singaporeans worst nightmare is over..
Call for celebration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZWv_Dvyz38