Whats make a good manager?

(07-06-2023, 03:34 PM)forum456 Wrote:  A good manager must be a good leader.
A not so good manager need not be a good leader.

No lah. A good manager no need to be a good leader but he must be very resourceful.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(07-06-2023, 03:37 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  No lah. A good manager no need to be a good leader but he must be very resourceful.
ok. we can have different view.
let me share real examples.
when a staff make mistakes, 
manager A plans and assigns the staff to explain to customer and CEO.
manager B plans and assigns himself to explain to customer and CEO.
who is the good manager ?
manager A does not lead and manager B leads

What is a leader and what is a manager .....

A good leader is someone who can inspire and motivate people to achieve a common goal. They are visionaries who can see the big picture and communicate it effectively to their team. They are also good at building relationships and trust with their subordinates .

On the other hand, a good manager is someone who can plan, organize, and coordinate resources to achieve specific objectives. They are responsible for ensuring that tasks are completed on time and within budget. They are also good at problem-solving and decision-making .

In summary, while there is some overlap between the qualities of a good leader and a good manager, they are not interchangeable. A good leader is someone who can inspire and motivate people to achieve a common goal, while a good manager is someone who can plan, organize, and coordinate resources to achieve specific objectives .

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.   Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

(07-06-2023, 03:43 PM)forum456 Wrote:  ok. we can have different view.
let me share real examples.
when a staff make mistakes, 
manager A plans and assigns the staff to explain to customer and CEO.
manager B plans and assigns himself to explain to customer and CEO.
who is the good manager ?
manager A does not lead and manager B leads

You are confusing yourself. 
The difference between Manager and Leader.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

道是说不清楚,说得清楚就不是道lah。 Rotfl

(07-06-2023, 03:43 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  What is a leader and what is a manager .....

In summary, while there is some overlap between the qualities of a good leader and a good manager, they are not interchangeable. A good leader is someone who can inspire and motivate people to achieve a common goal, while a good manager is someone who can plan, organize, and coordinate resources to achieve specific objectives .

your answer is correct when no staff report to the manager.
If the manager has staff under him, he needs to be a leader to be good manager.
he can be not so good manager if he does not lead.

AI answer is not always correct because AI has no human feeling

(07-06-2023, 03:43 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  What is a leader and what is a manager .....

A good leader is someone who can inspire and motivate people to achieve a common goal. They are visionaries who can see the big picture and communicate it effectively to their team. They are also good at building relationships and trust with their subordinates .

On the other hand, a good manager is someone who can plan, organize, and coordinate resources to achieve specific objectives. They are responsible for ensuring that tasks are completed on time and within budget. They are also good at problem-solving and decision-making .

This is what I want to tell him lah. Big Grin

(07-06-2023, 03:50 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  道是说不清楚,说得清楚就不是道lah。 Rotfl

In short, a manager need not be a leader.
A good manager must be a leader.
because in crisis, no one will trust the manager because he cannot lead

(07-06-2023, 03:51 PM)forum456 Wrote:  your answer is correct when no staff report to the manager.
If the manager has staff under him, he needs to be a leader to be good manager.
he can be not so good manager if he does not lead.

AI answer is not always correct because AI has no human feeling

The summary already stated ....."In summary, while there is some overlap between the qualities of a good leader and a good manager, they are not interchangeable"

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(07-06-2023, 03:56 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  The summary already stated ....."In summary, while there is some overlap between the qualities of a good leader and a good manager, they are not interchangeable"

the overlap is that a good manager must be a good leader.
if not, in crisis, no one will trust him because he cannot lead