Malaysias new minimum wage of RM1,500 kicks in on May 1 with

Malaysias new minimum wage of RM1,500 kicks in on May 1 with trade unions, businesses divided
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/mal...ns-2656061

We learnt from Opposition when this was raised

that minimum wage applies to only FULL-TIME

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

Min wage has been around for 80yrs in developed countries. There are close to 100 studies done.
There are pros and cons it is not absolutely good or bad.

It cannot do miracles but can be used as a policy tool to help reduce inequality. But it is never enough on its own.

1. Min wage cannot be too far from low wage or bottom 10% otherwise it will cause big displacement. It can only nudge those at the fringe upwards.

2. It is used to set a baseline for social and transfer programmes to alleviate poverty.

3. It can aid transition away from low wage industries and restructure economy. On jts own it can never close income gap if you don't restructure.

4. The ability to move Min wage up is gives an rallying metric for a society's fight against poverty and inequality. It is a number that tells us where we are ....and if we are failing...

Remember a country can have very high per capita and fail socially due to poverty and inequality.

Singapore's leaders refusal to set a poverty line and Min wage is is like my tuition student who refuse to show report card after exam.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.