Who here is a vegetarian?

Except eat eggs, all other meat dun eat and is not religious, just feel bad that animals also need to be killed in order to eat their flesh

I dun like killing, as it is traumatic to see a fish or cow get killed

But I have no problem with crocodile and other predators that kill for food

If the fish is also a meat eater, I also have no problem eating them, I presume most fishes eat meat, but I also dun like to meat, even if the animals only graze for grass
[+] 1 user Likes Sentinel's post

(07-11-2022, 04:06 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  Except eat eggs, all other meat dun eat and is not religious, just feel bad that animals also need to be killed in order to eat their flesh

If the fish is also a meat eater, I also have no problem eating them, I presume most fishes eat meat, but I also dun like to meat, even if the animals only graze for grass

I second that. Totally agree

I am just a tiny plankton in the ocean.

life so short, why liddat.
can eat better eat

(07-11-2022, 04:06 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  Except eat eggs, all other meat dun eat and is not religious, just feel bad that animals also need to be killed in order to eat their flesh

All the fishes and animals are dead when they come into Singapore. Also u don't get to see them being butchered. Can don't be so ah kua or not? Laughing

(07-11-2022, 04:18 PM)winbig Wrote:  All the fishes and animals are dead when they come into Singapore. Also u don't get to see them being butchered. Can don't be so ah kua or not? Laughing

Your wife go rubba rubba with your best friend without your knowledge at all, so is ok?

(07-11-2022, 04:25 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  Your wife go rubba rubba with your best friend without your knowledge at all, so is ok?

Knn, talk about food lah. Chow ah kua.  Rotfl

Human you also cannot save already ,wanna save animals ?

You know how many human died in the past year due to Ukraine War alone ? More than the chicken u eat last year.

Wake up your idea.

Chicken import monthly into SG : 20,000 TONNES

Estimated human dead in Ukraine War : 20,000 unit X 100 kg = 20000 tonnes

What about the unseen dead buried under the buildings?

(07-11-2022, 04:27 PM)winbig Wrote:  Knn, talk about food lah. Chow ah kua.  Rotfl
Sori i hurt your feelings, but the animals u ate also were hurt what, tio boh, human

(07-11-2022, 05:41 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  Sori i hurt your feelings, but the animals u ate also were hurt what, tio boh, human
The plants u ate were also hurt. Best for u is don't eat anything.  Rotfl
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

We are omnivores lah!

For Buddhists, read this to know the reason for war - https://bookgb.bfnn.org/books2/1106.htm

For non-Buddhists, don't bother to read.

Luckily, I learn I Ching.
All the answers can be found inside I Ching.

If you dont eat them, many ppl will lose their jobs. Big Grin

The sea will be full of fishes and the land will have lots of poultries. This will be a big problem.

这世上的事物都是遵循规律。
可以信宗教,可不要沉迷宗教。

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(07-11-2022, 06:40 PM)winbig Wrote:  The plants u ate were also hurt. Best for u is don't eat anything.  Rotfl

Plants got blood ah?

If got blood, I would rather starve then

(07-11-2022, 06:43 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  For Buddhists, read this to know the reason for war - https://bookgb.bfnn.org/books2/1106.htm

For non-Buddhists, don't bother to read.

Can summarize? Chinese not very power.

if you eat egg is not consider rah.

there are cakes, bread never use egg for vegan one.

(07-11-2022, 06:54 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  if you eat egg is not consider rah.

there are cakes, bread never use egg for vegan one.

Gautama Buddha was not a vegan, did you know? Thinking

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(07-11-2022, 07:00 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Gautama Buddha was not a vegan, did you know? Thinking

There is a debate come eating " beef " but also pray Buddha.
Some claim actually can eat beef.

(07-11-2022, 06:53 PM)Clyde Wrote:  Can summarize? Chinese not very power.

I think I heard this story told by Bhante before.

If you're using Chrome and a PC, then you can open up the page, right click, and select 'Translate to English'.

If you're using Chrome and a handphone, you can choose the 3 vertical dots on upper right corner, then select 'Translate'.

Translation may not be perfect but it gives you an idea what the article's talking about.

https://sentientmedia.org/do-buddhists-eat-meat/

(07-11-2022, 07:03 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  There is a debate come eating " beef " but also pray Buddha.

It is Hindu religion that dun eat beef lah. Theravada Buddhism eat meat and Mahayana Buddhism dun. The Chinese Buddhists are mostly Mahayana so they abstain from meat.  Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

I found a similar article that talks about the same thing. You can read it here.

http://www.drbachinese.org/vbs/publish/4...39p022.htm

For chicken eggs, when the chicks hatch, the male ones will be killed because they don’t lay eggs. The female ones will be reared to adulthood to lay eggs. That’s my understanding of what is generally practiced. Our eating of eggs results in many males being killed when they are chicks.

(07-11-2022, 07:03 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  There is a debate come eating " beef " but also pray Buddha.

Those can eat beef, those are Taoist, not Buddhist

A true Buddhist following the Pure Path, does not eat meat at all

But this is NOT the subject of the thread

Vegetarian is NOT exclusively for religious reason

It is a personal choice, for health, for emotional comfort, for karmic reason, for spiritual reason, for moral reason, but not necessarily for religious reason

i used to like BBQ mutton and beef.............but gave up eating these many years liao.................the bigger the animal, the more sentient it is............
[+] 2 users Like Napoleon Porlumpar's post

Tomorrow is 十五,go vegetarian.
[+] 1 user Likes Migrant's post