i-Switch & Ohm Energy can suka suka break contracts & exit?

If i-Switch & Ohm are unable to transfer their clients exiting contracts to other electricity players, it will be transferred to SP.  As the electricity prices has gone up,  most likely other electricity players will not take over. Shouldn't SP also charge the affected customers the same discounted rate till the contract expired since they are transferred to SP?

If no, affected Customers can complain to CASE?

I locked in mine at fixed rate (16.35 for 2 years) then with Geneco hope they don't disappoint me. Anyway I small time light user. Each month my electricity bill only 50 bucks.

Customers break contracts got penalty and service providers can go scot free to break contract? Then in days ahead to expect more electricity players to exit.  

When market turns in favour to these exited electricity players again,  they will re-enter. Authority allows that? 

If that is the case, last time Malaysia signed the water contract with Singapore at low price also can void la . Over the years, water price increase ..Malaysia also can't sustain to sell at low price liao ma.

(16-10-2021, 07:03 PM)Sline Wrote:  Customers break contracts got penalty and service providers can go scot free to break contract? Then in days ahead to expect more electricity players to exit.  

When market turns in favour to these exited electricity players again,  they will re-enter. Authority allows that? 

If that is the case, last time Malaysia signed the water contract with Singapore at low price also can void la . Over the years, water price increase ..Malaysia also can't sustain to sell at low price liao ma.

gd ananlogy

Previously govt economists promoted electric market liberalisation, like there are dragons and phoenixes, despite the whole thing being illogical.

Now that the scheme is wobbling, they will just keep quiet.

More anology.

Why Malaysia need to compensate Singapore in breaking the HSR contract?

If the exiting electricity provider can't find others to take over at the signed discounted rate. At least compensate the affected customers the difference of rate increase to that of SP till the contract expiry.

My contract is supposed to last till Sept. 2023.

Why SP cannot provide the same rate as all the smaller players. Is it profittering?

This whole scheme of letting in middlemen when SP is selling direct is a total joke. How can it be cheaper with middlemen? Then comes fixed rate that is like playing big or small, I win or you win. Who approve all these?

The tarrif increased from 17 to 25 KWh.

How to survive?

Win the World but lost your Soul. 

(16-10-2021, 07:03 PM)Sline Wrote:  Customers break contracts got penalty and service providers can go scot free to break contract? Then in days ahead to expect more electricity players to exit.  

Not quite true.   Unlike mobile services, electricity customers can break the electricity contract and switch suppliers by giving them 30 days.  Likewise,  think most contracts with the retailer/suppliers would have a similar reciprocal agreement unless otherwise specified so in the contract.  If there is a dispute,  the only safeguard is to approach the Consumer Association according to the FAQs

Quote: You can terminate the auto-renewed contract within 30 calendar days of the new contract’s commencement date, by giving your retailer at least 30 calendar days advance notice. In such instances, you are not required to pay any early termination charges or applicable fees.

For example, if you commence your auto-renewed contract on day T, you have up to T + 30 calendar days to inform your retailer that you wish to terminate the renewal without any early termination charges or fees. Your retailer will assist to terminate your contract no earlier than T+60 calendars days, depending on the terms of your contract.

https://www.openelectricitymarket.sg/res...the-switch

Quote:What happens if my retailer ceases operations?
In the event that your retailer ceases operations, you will be transferred to SP Group to buy electricity at the regulated tariff. Both your retailer and SP Group will provide you a notification to inform you about the situation and the date which you will be transferred to buy electricity from SP Group.

You can also switch from SP Group to buy electricity from a retailer of your choice. Please make a request to your new retailer if you would like to transfer to them directly. Your new retailer will work with SP Group to make the switch.

There will be no disruption to your electricity supply, as SP Group will continue to operate the national power grid and deliver electricity to you.

https://www.openelectricitymarket.sg/res.../retailers

(16-10-2021, 08:31 PM)Instinct Wrote:  Why SP cannot provide the same rate as all the smaller players. Is it  profittering?

SP afraid losing money. All electricity providers suddenly disappeared promoting in supermarkets, mrt, malls etc. Where am I going to find good rate again now that my contract going to terminate?

Why have middlemen? Thought it is far more savings/cheaper to deal directly esp property agent cut off, buy/sell directly. It is real stupid to let all these middlemen to make $millions past few years now that they will make losses they just pack up. They should be fine and bring back to deal directly with Sp Power Gas to save $$$$$.

(17-10-2021, 08:45 AM)Sline Wrote:  SP afraid losing money. All electricity providers suddenly disappeared promoting in supermarkets, mrt, malls etc. Where am I going to find good rate again now that my contract going to terminate?

Just use SP. The middlemen if cannot sustain will give you lots of trouble.

(17-10-2021, 12:13 PM)A2Z Wrote:  Why have middlemen? Thought it is far more savings/cheaper to deal directly esp property agent cut off, buy/sell directly. It is real stupid to let all these middlemen to make $millions past few years now that they will make losses they just pack up. They should be fine  and bring back to deal directly with Sp Power Gas to save $$$$$.
If all the middleman can charge 30% cheaper than SP,  who do you think is profittering all these years.

Means got people been retrench too,
I just now say WireCard crease their operation in SG come year end.

My Uncle is Right, he do told me come Year end got quite a lot companies , corporation crease their operation in SG retrench people

AGAIN MOM Will come " out fake info to make the image look good "

We have about 1.4 million household consumers and about 50% have switched.  On the other hand, we have about 12 retailers.  That is a ratio of  110K consumers per retailer.

In the UK,  they have about 6.4 million consumers switched and 47 retailers.  That is roughly 136K consumers per retailer.

[Image: nu03djx.png]

Recently more than a dozen of UK retailers have quit because of the electricity price `has risen.  The quitting rate is about 12/47 or 25%.

Unless the electricity price can be reduced to a sustainable business level,  looks like some more smaller retailers,  especially those offered very low rates earlier,  will also throw in their towels sooner.

https://www.forbes.com/uk/advisor/energy...rs-update/

Cannot escape relax
Both India and China go back to coal in Thunberg climate change

Another 2 - Best Electric & Diamond Electric suka suka want to exit liao.......

If you use SP wholesales, when the bill comes you will be confused. They add in items to charge further and confuse you.

Another one Union throws towel. Who's next? All accounts transferred to SP to charge high high.Who is honouring contracts nowadays?

Heng I choose Sembcorp Laughing

Not so cheap as those other retailers, but still cheaper than sp and don't face these type of problems Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

My iswitch just signed last month and worst still no email or letter informing me the contract was terminated. Same behaviour like our MPs draw high salaries without ownership.

I think Geneco also cannot tahan.

The problem is deep.
We have changed situation.
The system we ON is dead.
US incor. is now officially Bankcrupt.
She will now inflate to oblivion.
US republic is on the Gold standard as on 17102021.
Biden failed to deliver on the 18102021.
China can't afford to buy coal to boost productions for Technocracy
[Image: Screenshot-2021-10-19-at-08-10-22-Curren...motion.png]
Japan UK and US incor. (England) playing the inflationary game prevent goods from being shipped to uS republic
It is comical cos goods should be falling against Gold.
US incor. has filed for Bankcruptcy.

See that word Bankcrupt

[Image: Screenshot-2021-10-19-at-08-19-16-Curren...motion.png]

Don't say noone knows what happening

US incorporated in england is Bankcrupted.

Iswitch is owned by China people?