Who's going to pay for the SPH scandal?

It is a major distraction on the circulation numbers. The entity is no longer a printing entity and for many years became a conglomerate holding real estate and what nots.

These non printing functions and holdings are leverage and severely at risk but the talk is only around circulation numbers which is meaningless. Like an inverted pyramid where at the bottom it is teethering on its disappearing bread and butter printing, the real question is how much and what is the full weight coming down.

(15-01-2023, 02:43 AM)Basic_Strategy Wrote:  Yep, because I'm no longer stuck in Sinkiepore.

Oh..so you are not a SGrean.

What happened ? Quit  your SG job ?

(15-01-2023, 06:45 AM)FartSunKing Wrote:  [Image: Umbrage-SPH-CEO.jpg]

This image is really really epic - Not so long ago SPH CEO showed instant anger when SPH reporting integrity kenna questioned.

Now we have not hear a whimper from Mr Ng for over a week...

(16-01-2023, 10:17 AM)Manthink Wrote:  Oh..so you are not a SGrean.

What happened ? Quit  your SG job ?

I am an SGrean. 

I just managed to get out of SG to live abroad.

(16-01-2023, 11:48 AM)Manthink Wrote:  This image is really really epic - Not so long ago SPH CEO showed instant anger when SPH reporting integrity kenna questioned.

Now we have not hear a whimper from Mr Ng for over a week...

He will just say that he left already, so not his business anymore.

(16-01-2023, 11:54 AM)Basic_Strategy Wrote:  I am an SGrean. I just managed to get out of SG to live abroad.

In short, you still have a CPF acct + holding a valid SG pink passport ?

(16-01-2023, 12:22 PM)Manthink Wrote:  In short, you still have a CPF acct + holding a valid SG pink passport ?

Yes. In time I will cash my CPF out and burn my SG red passport once I get foreign residency and citizenship. Long term plan, but already working on it.

Should investigate the Ah Bui Yat Chung.

(16-01-2023, 01:04 PM)Basic_Strategy Wrote:  Yes. In time I will cash my CPF out and burn my SG red passport once I get foreign residency and citizenship. Long term plan, but already working on it.

Oh but, then. and thanks for admitting  you still earning interests from SG gov financial institution..... 

Big Grin

(16-01-2023, 02:05 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Oh but, then. and thanks for admitting  you still earning interests from SG gov financial institution..... 

Big Grin

Why not? As long as I hold a pink IC I intend to squeeze every cent out of the government and give nothing back in return, because that's what the PAP deserves.

In fact, it's more than what the PAP deserves because if I took my CPF monies out now and put them into any bank's FDI now I still earn more interest than what they are offering in OA.

In fact Don't say SPH using " Public Funds "

Media Corp also , base on their advertising revenue , misc stuffs . Doubt Media corp can managed its expenses.

Surely Govt got " use public funds behind support "

Or else why Gov.SG ad can spam on TV , Media corp also doing quite a lot " propaganda tv shows ".

Last time Media Corp aka SBC got money due to TV tax , remember we need to pay yearly 100+?

(16-01-2023, 02:09 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  In fact Don't say SPH using " Public Funds "

Media Corp also , base on their advertising revenue , misc stuffs . Doubt Media corp can managed its expenses.

Surely Govt got " use public funds behind support "

Or else why Gov.SG ad can spam on TV , Media corp also doing quite a lot " propaganda tv shows ".

Last time Media Corp aka SBC got money due to TV tax , remember we need to pay yearly 100+?

Mediacorp is dying and everybody knows it.

(16-01-2023, 02:08 PM)Basic_Strategy Wrote:  Why not? As long as I hold a pink IC I intend to squeeze every cent out of the government and give nothing back in return, because that's what the PAP deserves. In fact, it's more than what the PAP deserves because if I took my CPF monies out now and put them into any bank's FDI now I still earn more interest than what they are offering in OA.

Relax lah!...no need for u to write an essay to justify one for putting own $ where your mouth is, or not.

Big Grin

(16-01-2023, 02:10 PM)Basic_Strategy Wrote:  Mediacorp is dying and everybody knows it.

This is why Also " got Govt funding using Public Funds "

You think Media corp will do free so call airing , asking their artists go those Gov related programes?

There is no such time " Free " Thus is Govt using Public funds Pay Media corp to do it.

Also some program got stated " sponsor by Gov.sg "

SPH reported net lose in 2020 only? Come on. With these intended massaged numbers, the lose could occur for the past few years and nobody knew which is doubtful.

This is getting interesting , when Parliament open
What Josp will say ?

I think they now wanna mis direction talk about Budget 2023 first in Parliament ,

Unless WP , PSP bring up this SPH saga .

(16-01-2023, 02:09 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  In fact Don't say SPH using " Public Funds " Media Corp also , base on their advertising revenue , misc stuffs . Doubt Media corp can managed its expenses. Surely Govt got " use public funds behind support " Or else why Gov.SG ad can spam on TV , Media corp also doing quite a lot " propaganda tv shows ".Last time Media Corp aka SBC got money due to TV tax , remember we need to pay yearly 100+?

Everyone is aware SPH, Mediacorp etc are just part of Gov instrument, just like any other gov-funded media from BBC to ABC... Question is  - Does SG Gov ever care as long as you pay tax and have your $ in their bank(s) leh ?
The added bonus for them is they can continue to screw their investors and supporters by faking their real market performance.

HA!Laughing

(16-01-2023, 02:27 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Everyone is aware SPH, Mediacorp etc are just part of Gov instrument, just like any other gov-funded media from BBC to ABC... Question is  - Does SG Gov ever care as long as you pay tax and have your $ in their bank(s) leh ?
The added bonus for them is they can continue to screw their investors and supporters by faking their real market performance.

HA!Laughing

Media corp now owned CH U which Origin is SPH channel when that time they have TV rights become the 2nd tv Local boadcastor.

In fact I still remember that two years, CNY come wow Lots of Programs to see , as Media corp want to draw viewers SUDDENLY can come out good stuffs as SPH side got attract lots of viewers too.

Later LKY delcare back to JUST ONLY One local tv boadcasting ... Reasons claim " Both stations suffer losses "

I feel is weird , Thought Govt always encourage " Competition " ??

(16-01-2023, 02:30 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Media corp now owned CH U which Origin is SPH channel when that time they have TV rights become the 2nd tv Local boadcastor. In fact I still remember that two years,  CNY come wow Lots of Programs to see , as Media corp want to draw viewers SUDDENLY can come out good stuffs as SPH side got attract lots of viewers too. Later LKY delcare back to JUST ONLY One local tv boadcasting ... Reasons claim " Both stations suffer losses "

I feel is weird , Thought Govt always encourage " Competition " ??

yeah. I recall how "refreshing" the SG's media broadcast scene was when Gov allowed SPH to challenge Mediacorp and many of their key pple jump ship from one station to another.

Sadly that didn't last. my conclusion is it shows how tightly SG Gov controls the media - even when one Gov-owned vs another Gov owned..

That's why I am here in SGTalk. HA! Big Grin

(16-01-2023, 03:00 PM)Manthink Wrote:  yeah. I recall how "refreshing" the SG's media broadcast scene was when Gov allowed SPH to challenge Mediacorp and many of their key pple jump ship from one station to another.

Sadly that didn't last. my conclusion is it shows how tightly SG Gov controls the media - even when one Gov-owned vs another Gov owned..

That's why I am here in SGTalk. HA! Big Grin

This why Media Corp " lazy back "...

But on radio side , SPH still in operation. I always listen their tv radio station BETTER than media corp ones.