Singapore has 3rd toughest education system in the world - I question

How is it the PAP govt implements  such a tough education system for citizens but welcomes workers from India, Phillipines where the education system is ranks so far below us.

If india and phillipines is producing foreign talents thats is needed and cannot be provided coming out of our own education system are only good for GrabFood, Grab and working at fast food.   ...how is it our education are unable to produce qualified workers in our education system for jobs taken by Indians and phillipinos and Malaysians 

Why does the PAP tell us degree is not needed for a good job...then import people  with degrees from foreign countries? 
Denied a chance to get a degree how does Sjngaoorean compete with foreigners with degrees for job opportunities.?
[Image: 2IZJJsa.jpg]

https://m.novinite.com/articles/223765/L...s+Globally

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(25-01-2024, 10:29 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  How is it the PAP govt omllements such a tough education system for citizens but welcomes workers from India, Phillipines where the education system is ranks so far below us.

[Image: 2IZJJsa.jpg]

https://m.novinite.com/articles/223765/L...s+Globally

My goodness!. Lucky I no school no problem.

Many political and business leadership positions are held by Singaporean. This I can confirm for u, as I witness many of my Victoria classmates in banking ceo positions.

(25-01-2024, 10:45 AM)*天哥* Wrote:  Many political and business leadership positions are held by Singaporean. This I can confirm for u, as I witness many of my Victoria classmates in banking ceo positions.

Thos constitute less than 0.5% of the population. So our education system us designed for them?

What about the thousands upon thousands working as Grab drivers, fast food etc 

Don't say they do it because they love it...because j worked fast food for years not having any options without a degree and it was awful.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(25-01-2024, 10:45 AM)*天哥* Wrote:  Many political and business leadership positions are held by Singaporean. This I can confirm for u, as I witness many of my Victoria classmates in banking ceo positions.

Pls lah. There are only so many banks and you tell me many are from Victoria. U think Victoria got special finance training huh.

Ignore List: Oyk

sgbutt has again twisted the intention of the govt. Not to say that I agree with them all the time, but it is good to change the mindset that a degree is needed for a good job.

You mentioned grab drivers but actually this is not the type of jobs that the govt has in mind. They are talking about skilled jobs. Many of these jobs dun need a degree.

Ignore List: Oyk

In before ChatGPT....

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

(25-01-2024, 10:54 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Thos constitute less than 0.5% of the population. So our education system us designed for them?

What about the thousands upon thousands working as Grab drivers, fast food etc 

Don't say they do it because they love it...because j worked fast food for years not having any options without a degree and it was awful.

What happened to your A level? Wasted too much time on computer games?