Why Didi valuation is compelling ..I am waiting to hit it out of the park...

Right now Didi and Grab has the same valuation.
But Didi has a market size 30 times that of Grab .

The fear of delisting has caused the stock to go down by 60% 

While I am not adverse to buying now at $5.15
a full blown panic when Didi announces the delisting date will give a better entry. People will just panic and dump as they do not want to wait for the stock to be re listed in HK.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Skali end up like your earlier baba call Laughing

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(04-01-2022, 02:03 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Right now Didi and Grab has the same valuation.
But Didi has a market size 30 times that of Grab .

The fear of delisting has caused the stock to go down by 60% 

While I am not adverse to buying now at $5.15
a full blown panic when Didi announces the delisting date will give a better entry. People will just panic and dump as they do not want to wait for the stock to be re listed in HK.

If u had Didi shares and it got delisted and relisted in HK will u still own Didi shares bought earlier?

(04-01-2022, 06:57 AM)winbig Wrote:  If u had Didi shares and it got delisted and relisted in HK will u still own Didi shares bought earlier?

Yes. But many funds in US can only hold US stocks they will be forced to sell.

This will cause a price plunge which will allow me to buy cheap.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(04-01-2022, 07:18 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Yes. But many funds in US can only hold US stocks they will be forced to sell.

This will cause a price plunge which will allow me to buy cheap.

Let's say u hold X number of shares. When delisted and relisted back in HK u still hold X number of shares but the share will be listed in HK at a different price. Unless u know the price the shares will get relisted in HK, u r really taking a risk buying now.

(04-01-2022, 07:56 AM)winbig Wrote:  Let's say u hold X number of shares. When delisted and relisted back in HK u still hold X number of shares but the share will be listed in HK at a different price. Unless u know the price the shares will get relisted in HK, u r really taking a risk buying now.

Hi I don't really worry about how much they will list in HK...just how much I am buying based on whole company valuation.

I cannot predict if they will list cheaply or more expensive on HK.if they have common sense they will find a reasonable valuation which I estimate is at lease double or triple the current market price of the stock whichbis artificially depressed by the situation.

(04-01-2022, 08:07 AM)5354 Wrote:  Your money, whatever you have left after you lost about $850K on your end state SembMarine (based on your bragging posts) 

Are all stuck with your cbailj HK stocks you bought last year

To buy again this year, you will have to cut your losers from last year

You may have infinite semen to masterbate stocks but you no money left to buy more

Fcuking jobless retard, when will you stop materbating stocks for all to see in this forum?

Hello, this is a stock forum called market talk...for people to discuss stocks and investing.

I think you are in wrong place.

Last year HK market is tough as it was worst performing in the world which makes it the best place to pick up long term holdings.  That is precisely why I am interested in Hk. To date my HK stock portforlio has never been in a loss.

I have many winners on SGX which you ignore e.g iFast which is up 800%.

My holdings in Pershing Sq, Hour Glass, Propnex are all mulit baggers.

The fall in HK stocks esp tech stocks presents a lifetime unique opportunity. For me its the Best place to buy for long term.