Why GPS constantly lost signal and giving wrong directions?

Why GPS constantly lost signal and giving wrong directions?

Will keeping an existing old map on mobile, and reopening another active google map corrupt GPS route?

GPS is outdated cok system.

Switch to Beidou!

(27-10-2021, 05:31 AM)Scythian Wrote:  Why GPS constantly lost signal and giving wrong directions?

Will keeping an existing old map on mobile, and reopening another active google map corrupt GPS route?

Down load a GPS app and update the GPS data.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(27-10-2021, 07:23 AM)cityhantam Wrote:  GPS is outdated cok system.

Switch to Beidou!

(27-10-2021, 07:25 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Down load a GPS app and update the GPS data.

Down loaded GPS app (icon) but where's the update for GPS data?

Button right bottom - updates (a bell)?

Still prefer the last time GPS system. Don't need mobile data. Just connect to the satellite whether illegally or legally.

Too many cook spoilt the soup.

(27-10-2021, 08:25 AM)theold Wrote:  Still prefer the last time GPS system. Don't need mobile data. Just connect to the satellite whether illegally or legally.

The GPS system will not work as one enters a tunnel, the satellite signal cannot penetrate the walls of a tunnel.....

Use maps.me, no need mobile data and its world wide. But of course not as good as google map

Laughing

(27-10-2021, 08:25 AM)theold Wrote:  Still prefer the last time GPS system. Don't need mobile data. Just connect to the satellite whether illegally or legally.

Now GPS still dun need mobile data.

(27-10-2021, 10:33 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Now GPS still dun need mobile data.

Yours motor vehicle or handphone?

(27-10-2021, 11:24 AM)theold Wrote:  Yours motor vehicle or handphone?

Regardless whether it is vehicle or handphone, GPS technology does not depend on one having any internet connection. Let's say I turn off mobile data in my handphone, I'm still able to make use of GPS to find out my location.

(27-10-2021, 11:30 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Regardless whether it is vehicle or handphone, GPS technology does not depend on one having any internet connection. Let's say I turn off mobile data in my handphone, I'm still able to make use of GPS to find out my location.

Nowadays, once mobile data is off, the tracking is no longer there unlike last time. Tried in Malaysia very troublesome unless you use Garmin.

(27-10-2021, 11:31 AM)theold Wrote:  Nowadays, once mobile data is off, the tracking is no longer there unlike last time. Tried in Malaysia very troublesome.

Not sure what handphone you use, mine still works  Big Grin

(27-10-2021, 11:33 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Not sure what handphone you use, mine still works  Big Grin

What app do you use? I have one app purchased for Asia but not accurate. Now change phone cannot use because of diff. ID. Now only use Waze or Google.

Yes, GPS will still work without mobile signal. However, when used together, the location finding is much faster. If GPS only, you may have to wait for the cloud or tree to pass etc.

Previously under Windows Mobile can use Garmin and Taiwan-Agis. Both don't need Mobile Data. The most recent is forgot the name, but it is not accurate in Malaysia.

(27-10-2021, 11:38 AM)theold Wrote:  Previously under Windows Mobile can use Garmin and Taiwan-Agis. Both don't need Mobile Data. The most recent is forgot the name, but it is not accurate in Malaysia.

Yes, like what Starbugs wrote, without mobile data the accuracy is not as good, because when you have mobile data, the phone will make use of nearby base stations to more accurately determine your location. 

Unfortunately, GPS signals depends on the environment and sky conditions. I have a GPS receiver that stops receiving data because the sky has turned cloudy and so performance is erratic, but at least it is free  Big Grin

Alex needs to switch from Australia map to Singapore map as a start Big Grin

(27-10-2021, 11:52 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Yes, like what Starbugs wrote, without mobile data the accuracy is not as good, because when you have mobile data, the phone will make use of nearby base stations to more accurately determine your location. 

Unfortunately, GPS signals depends on the environment and sky conditions. I have a GPS receiver that stops receiving data because the sky has turned cloudy and so performance is erratic, but at least it is free  Big Grin

GPS could also go crazy in CBD with surrounded high rise buildings

(27-10-2021, 07:25 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Down load a GPS app and update the GPS data.

Lj head