Why Rich people also get CDC Voucher?

(05-07-2024, 06:57 PM)Ola Wrote:  CDC Vouchers is for those needy

Are Rich people in need?
Rich by whose standard? 
Even the ones that you and I consider them as rich will say they are not rich.

(12-10-2022, 11:47 AM)Ola Wrote:  Who are the 61% Idiots?

What is the point of bringing $100 voucher forward

when citizens still have to face shrinkflation after that

and the amount is not more??

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...ng-2606281

Teeth53: https://sgtalk.net/Thread-Young-Singapor...#pid932442

Teeth53: oh CNA one more clear. Is annual income up to 34k, luckily i mv hit 34k i think 🤔 hahahaha

I once asked my MP, "Why the govt gives out money based on the size of flat and not the size of the family?" and she replied, "That's why we told you people not to have many children if you can't afford it.".

Many people were there who heard her say that to me.

Some vouchers are need-based and this is not.

The garment aso needs votes from the rich, their taxes (shd be a lot from cars, properties, personal incomes and business income, ....), and jobs created by them. So a little bit of voucher money is just a sign of appreciation only lah, and aso most of them like my rich uncle dun really care

(07-07-2024, 10:00 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  I once asked my MP, "Why the govt gives out money based on the size of flat and not the size of the family?" and she replied, "That's why we told you people not to have many children if you can't afford it.".

Many people were there who heard her say that to me.

What she said is true lah. Then what's yr reply?

(12-10-2022, 08:53 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  When and how much this time? ...... Thinking

1.5 mil S'poreans to get upto $850 in August to cope with rising costs. Or Adult S'poreans will receive $450 or $850 in cash in August to help with (their daily living expenses), ministry of Finance (MOF) said July 4. ✓Those living in homes with annual values of up to $21,000 will get $850. And those... Clapping

✓Those with homes with annual values of more than $21,000 & upto $25,000, will receive $450... Big Grin

(07-07-2024, 10:08 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  What she said is true lah. Then what's yr reply?

I told her that I was working for a large MNC and I lost my job and could not find another job because of the influx of Indians in my profession (IT). But that's not the point. I wasn't complaining about the competition for jobs. I was just interested in how the government decides to give people money based on the size of their flat. I think, if they give out money based on the size of the family, the Malays will get a major share of the handouts and that would cause unhappiness to others.

(07-07-2024, 10:08 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  What she said is true lah. Then what's yr reply?

A few weeks later, a group of PAP grassroots came to my house to offer help for my young children. I told them no, I don't want help. I just want a bit of time to get back on my feet. They were nice to me.

Btw, I don't see her in PAP anymore.

The Govt cannot afford to leave out the middle-class and wealthy because they are the biggest contributors as far as both direct and indirect taxes are concerned. The handouts to the masses wouldn't be possible if not for the High SES. The money doesn't come from the politicians' pockets, but from the rich taxpayers.  

(07-07-2024, 03:33 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  The Govt cannot afford to leave out the middle-class and wealthy because they are the biggest contributors as far as both direct and indirect taxes are concerned. The handouts to the masses wouldn't be possible if not for the High SES. The money doesn't come from the politicians' pockets, but from the rich taxpayers.  

You're forgetting GST and we all pay for that, not just the rich.

(07-07-2024, 03:54 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  You're forgetting GST and we all pay for that, not just the rich.

I haven't forgotten about GST. I hope you haven't overlooked income tax, COE, ERP, road tax, vehicle registration fees, property/rental taxes and a whole host of other indirect taxation that the High SES have to cough up for Pay And Pay. 

(07-07-2024, 04:00 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  I haven't forgotten about GST. I hope you haven't overlooked income tax, COE, ERP, road tax, vehicle registration fees, property/rental taxes and a whole host of other indirect taxation that the High SES have to cough up for Pay And Pay. 

Ok. So everybody pays. Not just the rich.

Cool.

(07-07-2024, 04:02 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Ok. So everybody pays. Not just the rich. Cool.

The wealthy pay much more in taxes. 

(07-07-2024, 04:34 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  The wealthy pay much more in taxes. 

That may not be true. It depends on how the wealth is acquired, isn't it?

But whatever it is, the rich people also enjoy the benefits of the rest paying GST.

Most ppl envy and hate the rich that's understandable. But the garment doesn't hv to, right?

(05-07-2024, 10:07 PM)Migrant Wrote:  Rich by whose standard? 
Even the ones that you and I consider them as rich will say they are not rich.

Youn mean PAP is so hopeless and allow each individual to define "Rich" in Singapore

Then they should be sacked

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers?