Why Singaporeans are target of scams...this is the reason

It is the same reason why American scam syndicates target Canadians more than Americans.
In fact this phenomena is well studied

If you run a scam in Malaysia, say customs scam, it is less likely to succeed than if you run. The scam in Singapore.

The reason is Singapore is a high trust society like Canada so Singaporeans tend to trust what they see especially if it comes from authority or trusted companies like banks.

Scammers come from low trust societies like China or USA where there is high level of scams and corruption that there is little trust in Govt and institutions.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_tru..._societies

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 3 users Like sgbuffett's post

(12-12-2022, 10:07 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  It is the same reason why American scam syndicates target Canadians more than Americans.
In fact this phenomena is well studied

If you run a scam in Malaysia, say customs scam, it is less likely to succeed than if you run. The scam in Singapore.

The reason is Singapore is a high trust society like Canada so Singaporeans tend to trust what they see especially if it comes from authority or trusted companies like banks.

Scammers come from low trust societies like China or USA where there is high level of scams and corruption that there is little trust in Govt and institutions.

greedy and fears are the main reason ppl kena scam.
[+] 1 user Likes 8ighty8's post

(12-12-2022, 10:17 PM)8ighty8 Wrote:  greedy and fears are the main reason ppl kena scam.
You have hit the nail on the head............ Clapping Laughing

Does that explain why some easily fall for misinformation/disinformation they come across on social media like YouTube and twitter?

That's why I always say sinkies are the most naive people I've seen anywhere in the world.
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

(12-12-2022, 10:17 PM)8ighty8 Wrote:  greedy and fears are the main reason ppl kena scam.
Citizens trust Govt so much that they believed it is true when scams comes from Govt fake websites, like SPF, MOH etc.
[+] 2 users Like Gemstar's post

(12-12-2022, 10:44 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  Citizens trust Govt so much that they believed it is true when scams comes from Govt fake websites, like SPF, MOH etc.

I attribute it due to the fear of the govt. bodies.............. Clapping
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

(12-12-2022, 10:31 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  That's why I always say sinkies are the most naive people I've seen anywhere in the world.

that's why PAP still running the show..............

(12-12-2022, 10:51 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  that's why PAP still running the show..............

There will always be 61% who are deceived........ Rotfl Gesti-109
[+] 2 users Like debono's post

(12-12-2022, 10:21 PM)debono Wrote:  You have hit the nail on the head............ Clapping Laughing

another compelling reason ids stupidporeans cant think already moulded fr kindertgaren by pap 
do nt question

(12-12-2022, 10:31 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  That's why I always say sinkies are the most naive people I've seen anywhere in the world.

especially pioneer n merdeka G
[+] 1 user Likes talky's post

(12-12-2022, 11:00 PM)debono Wrote:  There will always be 61% who are deceived........ Rotfl Gesti-109

MOST LAUGHABLE IS TEMASICK TRICKED BY FTX N 1 SPORE SWF LEGAL ADVISOR WAS CON OF HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS ON TRADING COMMODITY
[+] 1 user Likes talky's post

(13-12-2022, 05:00 PM)talky Wrote:  MOST LAUGHABLE IS TEMASICK TRICKED BY FTX N 1 SPORE SWF LEGAL ADVISOR WAS CON OF HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS ON TRADING COMMODITY

This is indeed laughable, how can the CEO be so naive to invest in FTX.........? Laughing Gross

(13-12-2022, 05:04 PM)debono Wrote:  This is indeed laughable, how can the CEO be so naive to invest in FTX.........? Laughing Gross

[Image: Screenshot-20221213-171121-Chrome.jpg]

Addictions always start from small

(13-12-2022, 04:58 PM)talky Wrote:  especially pioneer n merdeka G

Please don't generalize, cos some pioneer and merdeka Gen. are educated and wise people............. Rotfl Laughing Clapping Gesti-109

(13-12-2022, 05:14 PM)debono Wrote:  Please don't generalize, cos some pioneer and merdeka Gen. are educated and wise people............. Rotfl Laughing Clapping Gesti-109

MOST OF THEM AS I HV CONTACTED W 
GOVR SO GENE ROUS GIVING MONEY AGAIN,SO CAN BUY BETTER QLY DURIANS CAN HV A GD HAIR PERF,CAN GO JB EAT ETC
THESE ARE THEPAP TARGETS

(13-12-2022, 05:31 PM)talky Wrote:  MOST OF THEM AS I HV CONTACTED W 
GOVR SO GENE ROUS GIVING MONEY AGAIN,SO CAN BUY BETTER QLY DURIANS CAN HV A GD HAIR PERF,CAN GO JB EAT ETC
THESE ARE THEPAP TARGETS

Isn't this akin to vote buying.............? Laughing Gesti-109

Because pap have created too many inequality with too many FT causing people to have alot need

[Image: IMG-20221213-180437-969.jpg]

(12-12-2022, 10:07 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  It is the same reason why American scam syndicates target Canadians more than Americans.
In fact this phenomena is well studied If you run a scam in Malaysia, say customs scam, it is less likely to succeed than if you run. The scam in Singapore.

Strange - you suddenly include China, along with the US, as "low trust societies".

Did you even bother to do some reading up?

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/tw...ips-report

Quote:Among Singapore respondents, 65% indicated that they needed to be very careful of trusting people
By contrast, in China, nearly 66% felt most people can be trusted

That is the price of living in a very safe country. Not just SGreans, most of the high-trust society are often target of foreign scammers.
TS says Canadian as "high trust" leh...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c...-1.4647709

(12-12-2022, 11:00 PM)debono Wrote:  There will always be 61% who are deceived........

Because those 61% have seen how 99% across the Causeway were fooled....time and again. Big Grin

(13-12-2022, 05:12 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Addictions always start from small

It's like any successful enterprise...when scammers become MNCs... Big Grin

https://www.chinadailyasia.com/nation/20...25774.html
[+] 1 user Likes Manthink's post

Like him ?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-62792875
[+] 1 user Likes Manthink's post

(13-12-2022, 06:05 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  [Image: IMG-20221213-180437-969.jpg]

Heng Arh! I never listen to his NDR Speech

PAP said "Together a Stronger SG" in 2018

And 2017, "Divine discontent will keep this country going"

National Day Rally 2016: Challenges ahead for Singapore but 'divine discontent' will keep country going | The Straits Times

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post