Why are Indians successful in America?

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/cxj-M9QoLoM-etXqTEG-sw

In summary

Quote:1. 上课发言提问的基本都是印度人,而且很严肃认真的跟你eye contact。

2.  印度学生下课喜欢到走廊找我聊天,讨论技术或者让我帮忙介绍工作跳槽,中国学生下课基本坐在自己座位上在玩手机或者看电脑。

3.  每学期第一次作业让他们写自我介绍和对课程的期望,印度学生基本把自己吹嘘一通,结尾说教授你第一天的课讲的真好,我期待后面学到更多东西,中国学生基本就是干巴巴的简历稍微改一下。

4.  期末的论文project,印度学生至少一半人会包装的很好看,前面加上封面和目录。而3个学期,几十个中国人,虽然基本都是国内重点学校毕业,我就没有看到一个这么做的,基本都是word文档里面几个大标题,对应着我要求的内容。

5.  考试成绩,高分基本都是中国人, 说明他们还是更认真的学了的, 但是印度学生会找我要分,说他们学的多么认真多么辛苦。

6.  学期结束,印度学生会给我的evaluation打高分,留言吹捧,再加我的linkedin要求保持长期联系,中国学生很少有这么做的。

Those who lie and cheat tend to do well in the American system. Look at trump, still can garner 80 million votes despite being a proven crook with multiple impeachments and a resurrection crime.
[+] 1 user Likes Alice Alicia's post

The real reason are, indians like to talk nonstop and Caucasians like to act nonstop.

Prefect match for both race

IMO, America is doing charm offensive on India. Hoping for America companies to get big pie in India.

China has no big pie for America. Slowly America will tear India apart. But India accounting can fight back America Big Grin

Smile

They are good talker. Asian are good workers. Ang Moh good thinker.

I read the points written by the professor and its good lessons for us to improve ourselves and attitude towards learning.

My method of self learning is also to ask the most difficult questions then look for answers myself to deepen my understanding.

Without challenging the material and questioning there will be little progress in understanding.

This is the weak point of Singapore students and I have to train them (my brighter tuition students) to ask questions and think deep enough to ask questions.

----------------
I taught a graduate course for 3 semesters. The students in the class are basically Chinese and Indian engineers who work full-time in Silicon Valley. They come to class on weekends. I also talk about some of my little feelings:

1. Most of the people who spoke and asked questions in class were Indians. , And eye contact with you very seriously.

2. Indian students like to go to the hallway to chat with me, discuss technology or ask me to help introduce jobs and change jobs. Chinese students basically sit in their seats and play mobile phones or computer after class.

3. In the first homework of each semester, let them write their self-introduction and expectations for the course. Indian students basically about themselves in depth  and conclude by saying that the lecture on the first day of the professor is really good. I look forward to learning more later. Chinese students basically just change their dry resumes a bit.

4. For the final thesis project, at least half of the Indian students will package it beautifully, with a cover and a table of contents in front. In the three semesters, dozens of Chinese, although they were basically graduated from key domestic schools, I did not see one of them doing this. Basically, there were a few big headlines in the word document, corresponding to the content I requested.

5. The test scores and high scores are basically Chinese, which shows that they are studying more seriously, but Indian students will ask me for points, telling them how serious and hard they are studying.

6. At the end of the semester, Indian students will give me a high score for my evaluation, leave a message to praise me, and add my LinkedIn request to maintain long-term contact. Chinese students rarely do this.
-----------------
These students are all working in Silicon Valley. I think it can basically explain why Indians are generally better than Chinese in Silicon Valley.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 2 users Like sgbuffett's post

(15-11-2021, 11:53 AM)Sharexchange Wrote:  They are good talker. Asian are good workers. Ang Moh good thinker.

Not true, pls read the history...
Especially during the period when British Empire declining. Which country became the threat to British empire at that time.... China?

This is what happened now when US finds China is a threat to them....

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(15-11-2021, 11:42 AM)maddog Wrote:  The real reason are, indians like to talk nonstop and Caucasians like to act nonstop.

Prefect match for both race

I only know Indians like to shake their head and not well discipline in nature.

https://youtu.be/2IsU-sH7usA

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

ah sam knows exactly who's their plp targets and very gd at it. ah tiongs usually dun care or not so skilful, cud be due to language deficiency or cultural differences, they only believe in hardwork

(15-11-2021, 12:40 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  ah sam knows exactly who's their plp targets and very gd at it. ah tiongs usually dun care or not so skilful, cud be due to language deficiency or cultural differences, they only believe in hardwork

Actually US just copy cat from British Empire.
Last time many Indians were soldiers under British Empire.
They could speak in British accent. Not like current Indian accent. So I dont think the strong link is there.

(15-11-2021, 12:19 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I read the points written by the professor and its good lessons for us to improve ourselves and attitude towards learning.

My method of self learning is also to ask the most difficult questions then look for answers myself to deepen my understanding.

Without challenging the material and questioning there will be little progress in understanding.

This is the weak point of Singapore students and I have to train them (my brighter tuition students) to ask questions and think deep enough to ask questions.

----------------
I taught a graduate course for 3 semesters. The students in the class are basically Chinese and Indian engineers who work full-time in Silicon Valley. They come to class on weekends. I also talk about some of my little feelings:

1. Most of the people who spoke and asked questions in class were Indians. , And eye contact with you very seriously.

2. Indian students like to go to the hallway to chat with me, discuss technology or ask me to help introduce jobs and change jobs. Chinese students basically sit in their seats and play mobile phones or computer after class.

3. In the first homework of each semester, let them write their self-introduction and expectations for the course. Indian students basically about themselves in depth  and conclude by saying that the lecture on the first day of the professor is really good. I look forward to learning more later. Chinese students basically just change their dry resumes a bit.

4. For the final thesis project, at least half of the Indian students will package it beautifully, with a cover and a table of contents in front. In the three semesters, dozens of Chinese, although they were basically graduated from key domestic schools, I did not see one of them doing this. Basically, there were a few big headlines in the word document, corresponding to the content I requested.

5. The test scores and high scores are basically Chinese, which shows that they are studying more seriously, but Indian students will ask me for points, telling them how serious and hard they are studying.

6. At the end of the semester, Indian students will give me a high score for my evaluation, leave a message to praise me, and add my LinkedIn request to maintain long-term contact. Chinese students rarely do this.
-----------------
These students are all working in Silicon Valley. I think it can basically explain why Indians are generally better than Chinese in Silicon Valley.

fully agree - chinese are very introvert, keeping their secret to themselves, whereas indian talk nonstop to try to get your knowledge through questioning

which is why many indians dun want to talk to me, bec i know they are trying to get my knowledge, i often give the wrong answers

It is very important to be able to bullsh*t with confidence. No matter how clever a person is, if he doesn't advertise himself no one will notice him. On the other hand, a person who is an empty vessel can sell himself by blowing up whatever good he has.

Indians are smelly. Period Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin