Why are There Suddenly So Many Halal Jap/Kor/Chinese/ Western Restaurants?

Almost everywhere you go you will spot one or two, is this the trend? More and more Malay brothers and sisters want to try different cuisines? Big Grin

Mala Xiangguo is very popular among Malays.

I think many Malay business men are buying different types of restaurants, Japanese ramen, Korean hotpot, French cuisine, Fish n Chips etc.

(12-01-2022, 03:28 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  I think many Malay business men are buying different types of restaurants, Japanese ramen, Korean hotpot, French cuisine, Fish n Chips etc.

I think the owners of these eateries is trying to attract the Malay Muslims customers.  Because Halal foods can be consumed by Muslims and non Muslims alike.  Therefore the owners of these eateries is trying to get as much customers as possible....

(12-01-2022, 03:34 PM)debono Wrote:  I think the owners of these eateries is trying to attract the Malay Muslims customers.  Because Halal foods can be consumed by Muslims and non Muslims alike.  Therefore the owners of these eateries is trying to get as much customers as possible....

I doubt the owners are non Muslim as the tastes of these halal foods are very different, only Muslim people will eat there, Chinese will not eat as the taste is changed akready. I tried Hokkaido Ramen thought it would be good until I realized they use chicken instead of pork, the taste is very plain and tasteless…won’t go back again. Confused