Why did PAP Punish the Enhance Members who will b 55 Years- old next year?

Their goal post jumped 38%.

[Image: CPF-Retirement-sum-and-payout-Feb-2024.jpg]

*Thank for all your sharing and answers. I have a better idea now.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

Can PAP elaborate what few schemes are available for them

to build 0.7163 of allocation into OA + SA

that is $84,022 into their RA at 55 year-old within 10 or 14 mths??

(18-02-2024, 02:20 PM)Ola Wrote:  Can PAP elaborate what few schemes are available for them

to build 0.7163 of allocation into OA + SA

that is $84,022 into their RA at 55 year-old within 10 or 14 mths??

Smile I only can say , feel , SO easily become " millionaire " via CPF max your SA , like that Govt going to bankrupt since every singaporean is " millionaire " from their CPF by max up their SA.

(18-02-2024, 02:10 PM)Ola Wrote:  Their goal post jumped 38%.

[Image: CPF-Retirement-sum-and-payout-Feb-2024.jpg]

*Thank for all your sharing and answers. I have a better idea now.

What 38%?

(18-02-2024, 02:25 PM)winbig Wrote:  What 38%?

Sorry. I make bigger:

[Image: CPF-EHS-for-55-Years-old.jpg]

Smile one " smart " things PAP do is come giving CPF rebate on elderly.

for what I know the older you are the more you get. Why ? because Govt knows how many years you still have? at most just few years.

This is why those young ones get lesser obviously because you still have many years to go.

(18-02-2024, 02:33 PM)Ola Wrote:  Sorry. I make bigger:

Based on current pace of inflation, by the time you retire the monthly payout will not be enough to survive. $1.5k-1.8k looks ok now but 20-30 years later a plate of chicken rice could cost $10-15 at least, Kopi or Teh may cost $6-7
[+] 1 user Likes LittleBirdStreet's post

Can't pay the high interest as their investments return probably can't even pay their high salary.

(18-02-2024, 02:52 PM)LittleBirdStreet Wrote:  Based on current pace of inflation, by the time you retire the monthly payout will not be enough to survive. $1.5k-1.8k looks ok now but 20-30 years later a plate of chicken rice could cost $10-15 at least, Kopi or Teh may cost $6-7

Yes, I know. 

So, what has the useless PAP done to ensure that 54 years old now earn $ 20,000/mth

so that he can top up $7,650/ mth into CPF for RA next year? 

Even Primary 1 kid knows how to change the number

(18-02-2024, 04:42 PM)Ola Wrote:  Yes, I know. 

So, what has the useless PAP done to ensure that 54 years old now earn $ 20,000/mth

so that he can top up $7,650/ mth into CPF for RA next year? 

Even Primary 1 kid knows how to change the number

That one is enhanced min sum rite? Only for those rich with too much dunno where to put lah. Most people only meet the basic min sum lah. According to stats only 50% of Singaporeans meet the min sum by age 55...

(18-02-2024, 02:33 PM)Ola Wrote:  Sorry. I make bigger:

ERS is not mandatory. You can go for BRS or FRS those are the bare minimum. ERS is to provide option to ppl who want to have more monies at age 65 where every month give you more allowance.
[+] 1 user Likes sgh's post

Garment probably wanted to save money due to enormous losses by GIC  and Temasek over the years so they looked at the demographics and looked where  to cut.

Those with huge SA savings are not poor to begin with and are just a small minority. And the plebeian masses do not have much in SA, if even at all after 55. 

So only the rich sinkies suck thumb.  Anyway they have multiple sources of income and see this is a minor blip.

And very different from the SimplyGo saga where it impacts poor people most. (Rich peepur drive). So that’s the best place to chop, our SA Laughing

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(18-02-2024, 07:47 PM)sgh Wrote:  ERS is not mandatory. You can go for BRS or FRS those are the bare minimum. ERS is to provide option to ppl who want to have more monies at age 65 where every month give you more allowance.

Those who go the ERS route are stupid and do not do their maths, period.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(18-02-2024, 07:52 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Those who go the ERS route are stupid and do not do their maths, period.

You will be surprised there are some who will. They want to maintain the same lifestyle when they are working drive big car live big condo travel overseas every year etc.

(18-02-2024, 07:54 PM)sgh Wrote:  You will be surprised there are some who will. They want to maintain the same lifestyle when they are working drive big car live big condo travel overseas every year etc.

Can easily do the same by leaving inside the SA at the same rate 4%.  Plus all the interests go back to our own SA.  Not so for the CPF Life premium upon 65.  All your interests for the entire lump sum surrendered to the common pool henceforth.

Plus these rich people have multiple sources of income and do not just depend on their CPF.  CPF is actually the poor man’s pension fund Laughing

(18-02-2024, 07:56 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Can easily do the same by leaving inside the SA at the same rate 4%.  Plus all the interests go back to our own SA.  Not so for the CPF Life premium upon 65.  All your interests for the entire lump sum surrendered to the common pool henceforth

But the SA will disappear soon so to maintain same lifestyle after age 65 they need the RA monthly payout more so means will put to ERS. This is reply to your earlier post why anyone wanna top-up to ERS

(18-02-2024, 08:07 PM)sgh Wrote:  But the SA will disappear soon so to maintain same lifestyle after age 65 they need the RA monthly payout more so means will put to ERS. This is reply to your earlier post why anyone wanna top-up to ERS

That was my thinking pre LW budget announcement.  But it will not change either after his bombshell announcement.  I don’t like my money being locked up and getting back in dribs and drabs Big Grin

with the staggering excess deaths, make sure the pro-vaxxers keep up on the latest mRNA jabs and all in on RA too! Tongue

pro mRNA fanbois will live damn long until can draw out RA in hell too... Tongue

“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth” – Buddha.
[Image: https://i.ibb.co/0hWSqby/wednesday-quote.jpg]

Those can top up their RA directly after 55 years old.

Win the World but lost your Soul. 

To make ppl top up to ERS earn hugher interest
Because what interest accumulate is not yours liao

So, now we know Dead Dragon's BRS, FRS and EHS are all BullSheet

With Recession and Retrenchment looming, will that idiot re- adjust the amount he shown

Or he will not have the courage to admit his error and reduce the numbers from 2025 onwards?

[Image: IMG-7293.gif]

[Image: IMG-7294.gif]

[Image: IMG-7295.jpg]

[Image: IMG-7296.gif]

[Image: IMG-7297.gif]

Those pictures are not 55 years old

You are referring to Jac Lau living in a 85 year- old body?

Photo 

(18-03-2024, 08:14 PM)boomersThe Ola Wrote:  Those pictures are not 55 years old

You are referring to Jac Lau living in a 85 year- old body?

Yes, baby boomers.