LHY: I am heart-broken that I have been made a fugitive by my own country...

(08-03-2023, 07:04 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Good point. Just read the criteria.. basically if u are not previously a minister, then u must be a CFO of a sizable company.. In particular, u need experience in administrating and managing financial matters..

Fcuk.. even CTO of Apple also not qualify coz they don't manage financial matters.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presiden...hat%20date.

The rules and criteria aren't set for fairness, but to further entrench power and control. And they then get to claim that it was all done by the book.

(07-03-2023, 08:44 PM)klat Wrote:  A simple issue has become a gigantic issue.

WTF

Opasnie-1

Just a simple family problem becomes worldwide well-known sensation liao lah! Big Grin

For me, I know PAP don't love me

So, I also don't love them

Tell them 去死吧 !

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

when will taiwan or hk make a serial drama  ?
[+] 1 user Likes talky's post

My heart- broken into pieces and no heart for PAP liao

They deny own citizens for a job yet freely give jobs to FTs and PRs

Why discriminate own people for a future and life here?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 2 users Like Ola's post

(08-03-2023, 08:15 PM)Ola Wrote:  My heart- broken into pieces and no heart for PAP liao

They deny own citizens for a job yet freely give jobs to FTs and PRs

Why discriminate own people for a future and life here?

FTs and PRs are easily controlled, unlike Sinkiees who have the power to oust them in a General Election, and thus demands more goodies.............. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

(08-03-2023, 07:45 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  [Image: IMG-20230308-074405.jpg]

Jing deep analogy...
[+] 1 user Likes Merdeka's post

(08-03-2023, 10:50 PM)Merdeka Wrote:  Jing deep analogy...

I like this analogy, very appropriate.................................. Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like debono's post

(08-03-2023, 10:51 AM)kangtangman Wrote:  The term of “dishonourable” is very much subjective on which side of the fence you’re on? But the problem still lies with who stand to gain more out of this ultimately.

Sounds like Taiwan and China issues leh! Big Grin

"君子報仇,十年不晚"

https://youtu.be/BjwPwxESySk?t=9

No. 109 hero

(09-03-2023, 06:07 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Sounds like Taiwan and China issues leh! Big Grin

This coming from you sound like a “dirty word”.🤭
[+] 1 user Likes kangtangman's post

(08-03-2023, 10:54 PM)debono Wrote:  I like this analogy, very appropriate.................................. Big Grin

If you know your Chinese history, there's an even deeper legacy to this analogy. 

Cao Pi oppressed and forced his more talented younger brother Cao Zhi into obscurity and an early death. But in the end, his own Cao family dynasty got overthrown and usurped by the descendants of his own military advisor Sima Yi, who then set up their own new dynasty and reunified China under the banner of West Jin. 

Families with internal strife and disunity will never be safe from external threats and challenges. The days of the Lee dynasty in SG are hopefully numbered. But who and what replaces them? Nobody knows yet. Who's Singapore's Sima family?

"三國演義"
[+] 1 user Likes Scythian's post

some say something very wrong else why get rid of every opponents? must be hiding a big secret that if exposed will bring down the establishment...kid u not
[+] 2 users Like Jinwului's post

A simple layman understands a simple will. A will is written to ensure no arguments, quarrels, etc after one is long gone dead. Will's wishes must be fulfilled and executed. LKY wants to demolish his house. That's all.
[+] 1 user Likes A2Z's post

(14-03-2023, 11:31 AM)A2Z Wrote:  A simple layman understands a simple will. A will is written to ensure no arguments, quarrels, etc  after one is long gone dead. Will's wishes must be fulfilled and executed. LKY wants to demolish his house. That's all.

[Image: IMG-20230314-113559-151.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20230314-113556-650.jpg]

(14-03-2023, 11:25 AM)Jinwului Wrote:  some say something very wrong else why get rid of every opponents? must be hiding a big secret that if exposed will bring down the establishment...kid u not

"清良心从不害怕午夜敲门"

The one in power can use the G machinery to wipe off the other.

8Umbrella Umbrella

(09-03-2023, 08:36 AM)Basic_Strategy Wrote:  If you know your Chinese history, there's an even deeper legacy to this analogy. 

Cao Pi oppressed and forced his more talented younger brother Cao Zhi into obscurity and an early death. But in the end, his own Cao family dynasty got overthrown and usurped by the descendants of his own military advisor Sima Yi, who then set up their own new dynasty and reunified China under the banner of West Jin. 

Families with internal strife and disunity will never be safe from external threats and challenges. The days of the Lee dynasty in SG are hopefully numbered. But who and what replaces them? Nobody knows yet. Who's Singapore's Sima family?

all awaiting !

[quote="Basic_Strategy" pid="530649" dateline="1678322212"]

If you know your Chinese history, there's an even deeper legacy to this analogy. 

How many people died in Three Kingdoms China?
China's Civil Wars

The Three Kingdoms War (220-280 AD) was a struggle between the Han dynasty states of Wei, Shu and Wu, the net result of which was the triumph of the Jin dynasty. 

Fighting between the kingdoms, plus disease and famine cost an estimated 40,000,000 lives."

(14-03-2023, 01:13 PM)Scythian Wrote:  
(09-03-2023, 08:36 AM)Basic_Strategy Wrote:  If you know your Chinese history, there's an even deeper legacy to this analogy. 

How many people died in Three Kingdoms China?
China's Civil Wars

The Three Kingdoms War (220-280 AD) was a struggle between the Han dynasty states of Wei, Shu and Wu, the net result of which was the triumph of the Jin dynasty. 

Fighting between the kingdoms, plus disease and famine cost an estimated 40,000,000 lives."

40,000,000 lives??? Rotfl
During Romance of 3 kingdoms, the estimated Chinese population at that time was only 8 million ppl.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(09-03-2023, 08:31 AM)kangtangman Wrote:  This coming from you sound like a “dirty word”.🤭

Just want to be very careful with such things lah! Big Grin You already said Taiwan belongs to China leh!

(14-03-2023, 01:32 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Just want to be very careful with such things lah! Big Grin You already said Taiwan belongs to China leh!

To be exact, almost the whole world had said that Taiwan belongs to China. That include the USA, so it is not me who said that. I merely echo what many countries have said. 

But judging from your past posts you would think otherwise. Isn’t it?
[+] 1 user Likes kangtangman's post

(14-03-2023, 01:40 PM)kangtangman Wrote:  To be exact, almost the whole world had said that Taiwan belongs to China. That include the USA, so it is not me who said that. I merely echo what many countries have said. 

What past posts leh?  Thinking I just started not long ago lah! Big Grin

(14-03-2023, 01:40 PM)kangtangman Wrote:  To be exact, almost the whole world had said that Taiwan belongs to China. That include the USA, so it is not me who said that. I merely echo what many countries have said. 

USA acknowledge TW is Part of China and still stir shit to encourage TW to be independent from CHina.............LKY signed on his will to get the house demolish but our Govt said otherwise, see the similarity Thinking
[+] 1 user Likes kc172021's post

(14-03-2023, 03:08 PM)kc172021 Wrote:  USA acknowledge TW is Part of China and still stir shit to encourage TW to be independent from CHina.............LKY signed on his will to get the house demolish but our Govt said otherwise, see the similarity Thinking

Now that you have mentioned about it. Indeed the similarity is there, but how many will admit with this “coincidence”?

American has “taught” the world well, flip flop is a common thing these days.