COE prices can spike further if there is separate category for

🚗 COE prices can spike further if there is separate category for private-hire cars: Chee Hong Tat

There are trade-offs to having a separate Certificate of Entitlement (COE) category for private-hire cars (PHC), Acting Transport Minister Chee Hong Tat said in Parliament on Monday (Nov 6).

READ: https://bit.ly/470EiSN

Follow @AsiaOnecom for all the latest updates

Pay what you bid?

I think people want you to try something.....not give excuses not to try.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

HUH? He thinks everyone is brainless like Jac

He is one of the Best PAP Scammer.

[Image: Chee-HT-PRs-are-locals.png]

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

is his chee the same chee as cheesepie ?

(06-11-2023, 12:52 PM)Ola Wrote:  HUH? He thinks everyone is brainless like Jac

He is one of the Best PAP Scammer.

[Image: Chee-HT-PRs-are-locals.png]

The worst person to be now in charge of transport.

Opasnie-14

8Umbrella Umbrella

LOL...OMG

so does he has a plan? what is the point for a policy maker to tell the public this and that but no solution? Rotfl

Right. Dun tell us the problems. Give us the solutions
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

bird language.

COE will crash if implement pay-as-you-bid.

(06-11-2023, 01:46 PM)wulala Wrote:  so does he has a plan? what is the point for a policy maker to tell the public this and that but no solution? Rotfl

Chee Hong Tat wants to see the last 6 rounds of increases in COE premiums continue flowing into public coffers, forgetting that it will cause a continuous spike in the cost of living in S'pore.

(06-11-2023, 02:24 PM)mikotan Wrote:  COE will crash if implement pay-as-you-bid.

That's why the powers that be don't want to give this a try.

(06-11-2023, 02:10 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Right. Dun tell us the problems. Give us the solutions

Our Ministers are paid handsomely to tell us the obvious.

Everything also cannot do so he doesn't have to do anything.

Ignore List: Oyk

Car leasing companies like those parking at Airport car parks and resort places can afford to pay a higher COE as their customers are mostly foreigners. They usually bid at the last 15 minutes to the bidding end.

If you separate these 2, the bidding prices will differ greatly.

(06-11-2023, 03:23 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Chee Hong Tat wants to see the last 6 rounds of increases in COE premiums continue flowing into public coffers, forgetting that it will cause a continuous spike in the cost of living in S'pore.

exactly, that is what a told my friend, my company bought few new vans at high COE, can my delivery cost remains the same? logical math yet the higher authority doesn't know how? he laughed Rotfl

(14-11-2023, 01:27 PM)wulala Wrote:  exactly, that is what a told my friend, my company bought few new vans at high COE, can my delivery cost remains the same? logical math yet the higher authority doesn't know how? he laughed 

Unfortunately, many non-car owners are also equally as clueless, applauding the 6 rounds of spike in COE premiums, and even wishing for the prices to exceed $200K.  They forget that the cost of doing business will rise with transport costs going up sharply. Everyone of us will be affected whether we own a car or not. LOL!

(06-11-2023, 01:10 PM)klat Wrote:  The worst person to be now in charge of transport.

Opasnie-14

Another JLB.
Put a high pay ministar to give excuses.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(14-11-2023, 01:43 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Unfortunately, many non-car owners are also equally as clueless, applauding the 6 rounds of spike in COE premiums, and even wishing for the prices to exceed $200K.  They forget that the cost of doing business will rise with transport costs going up sharply. Everyone of us will be affected whether we own a car or not. LOL!

Agree to above in bold but the difference would be affected how much more between a car owner vs a non-car owner. Both affected the same amount don't think so.

since they move some of those coming on market coe in next few years. that means in the next few years there will be fewer coe. while coe can come down a few k. or tens of k is temporary.

part of high price coe is inflation. due to inflation, salary gone higher. means more people can afford higher price car. so coe goes up.

now they are managing the spike, but n o real relief.

one thing note of their actions. if the road can take more cars with future coe used first does that mean the zero growth is wrong?

most of the road jam today are caused by.

1. unending gardening on the highway . almost everyday somewhere. can they not plan it better to prune more trees at one go and reduce interruptions to any high way to 2 days a month.

2. road work by pub to get ready for network. they over block the road. need to review. cannot just tell a standard and let the workers do the blocking. many places that has a left turn lane they block it due to a work after the turn. useless block that force left turn vehicle to go to next lane and cause jam which could have been avoided.
just drive a round sure can find a few. cannot jsut give instructions seat happily in office and assume workers will do right. they don't dare. they just act according to your instructions. good most of time. some time very stupid.

3. work site not on road but block up road to be use as parking lot for their lorry, equipments so that they don;t go in the work site. i suppose accident outside the work site not consider in their kpi. why is lta allowing these to do this. don't they issue summons for illegal parking?

4. bus causing jam. since the last last transport minister, think quite right to say bus is more efficient then car to move people. but over number of bus is a problem wiht many moving almost empty off peal and during peak they cannot go into bus stop all at one time. so they q and block the road. when there is a left turn lane with left green arrow they always keep on left lane and block it. bus and bus on bus lane block vehicle tyning left. bus lane need to be reviewed. many has been useful but no more with more train, changed service route. etc.

city area is the worse. one red bus lane leaving oniy one lane for others. most of the time that lane is not used. for info . most car will not go on bus lane as that will meant they are block by bus when it is stop.
it is far better to put in a normal yellow lane with the arrow for bus to exit. better used of scare resources.

all vehicles afraid of bus. bus afraid of ? bicycle la. knock one down and will be really in hot soup. very often people will see bus traveling very slowly along bus lane and wonder. bus spoilt ah? then intersting to see a cyclist on the bus lane cycling for leisure with all beautiful gear. many looks like expat. wonder why they cannot go cycle in the less used road or week end . must do in cbd. if they think it show a healthy living, i think they just show that they are cheap cannot afford a car so use bicycle and cover up to make bike very expensive etc.

(14-11-2023, 04:03 PM)sclim Wrote:  most of the road jam today are caused by.

1. unending gardening on the highway . almost everyday somewhere. can they not plan it better to prune more trees at one go and reduce interruptions to any high way to 2 days a month.

2. road work by pub to get ready for network. they over block the road.  need to review.  cannot just tell a standard and let the workers do the blocking. many places that has a left turn lane they block it due to a work after the turn. useless block that force left turn vehicle to go to next lane and cause jam which could have been avoided.
just drive a round sure can find a few.  cannot jsut give instructions seat happily in office and assume workers will do right. they don't dare. they just act according to your instructions.  good most of time. some time very stupid.

3.  work site not on road but block up road to be use as parking lot for their lorry, equipments so that they don;t go in the work site. i suppose accident outside the work site not consider in their kpi.  why is lta allowing these to do this. don't they issue summons for illegal parking?

4. bus causing jam.  since the last last transport minister, think quite right to say bus is more efficient then car to move people. but over number of bus is a problem wiht many moving almost empty off peal and during peak they cannot go into bus stop all at one time. so they q and block the road. when there is a left turn lane with left green arrow they always keep on left lane and block it.  bus and bus on bus lane block vehicle tyning left.  bus lane need to be reviewed. many has been useful but no more with more train, changed service route. etc.

city area is the worse.  one red bus lane leaving oniy one lane for others.  most of  the time that lane is not used.  for info . most car will not go on bus lane as that will meant they  are block by bus when it is stop.
it is far better to put in a normal yellow lane with the arrow for bus to exit. better used of scare resources.

all vehicles afraid of bus. bus afraid of ?  bicycle la.  knock one down and will be really in hot soup.  very often people will see bus traveling very slowly along bus lane and wonder.  bus spoilt ah?  then intersting to see a cyclist on the bus lane cycling for leisure with all beautiful gear. many looks like expat.  wonder why they cannot go cycle in the less used road or week end . must do in cbd.  if they think it show a healthy living, i think they just show that they are cheap cannot afford a car so use bicycle and cover up to make bike very expensive etc.

Thanks for sharing I believe the viewpoint of a car owner and driver. But you know what? non-car owner think one point. Got monies feed car in Spore then complain for what? You got the choice not to drive mah. Unless say your family got disabled elderly cannot walk need car as transport etc or car is used as transportation for work purposes valid reasons etc. Quite a lot is drive car to company park whole day then knock off work drive car back home. Lunch time see mood drive car out else put inside carpark.

What a load of crap. It basically boils down to why the government want to kill the goose that lays the golden egg. Easy money for the coffers.

tomorrow will be a better day

(14-11-2023, 04:32 PM)surfer Wrote:  What a load of crap. It basically boils down to why the government want to kill the goose that lays the golden egg. Easy money for the coffers.

You see govt prey on citizen mentality and desire and car ownership is high on the list so they tackle it coming out with this bidding system. Why is it they cannot duplicate the same bidding system for Geylang chicken leh? Only got COE then can brothel owner can get one chicken tied to COE. It will not work becuz chicken business can be done in small spaces as a female MP say. So it is hard for SPF to go around catching ppl call chicken that got no COE attached. Also the desire to call chicken is not as high as car ownership as poor ppl can PCC instead.

Conclusion. Govt milk ppl monies very smart. They prey on ppl desire and attack that weakest point to earn the most monies.

(14-11-2023, 04:14 PM)sgh Wrote:  Thanks for sharing I believe the viewpoint of a car owner and driver. But you know what? non-car owner think one point. Got monies feed car in Spore then complain for what? You got the choice not to drive mah. Unless say your family got disabled elderly cannot walk need car as transport etc or car is used as transportation for work purposes valid reasons etc. Quite a lot is drive car to company park whole day then knock off work drive car back home. Lunch time see mood drive car out else put inside carpark.

i also cycle at times. but do not block the traffic of the faster traffic.  also not against those need to cycle to make a living doing it safely like those food delivery, et al.
but against those who cycle for leisure in a heavy traffic conditions. do it where it does not affect the rest who need the road in peak hours traffic.