Why have stock market risen even as interest rate hits 20yr highs

Meta AI answer.

[Image: fNjDRtm.jpeg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Not our own SGX sue to incompetent officialdom.

They allow a lot of poor quality listings in with poor oversight.  Then chide investors saying caveat emptor.

Dow was only 8,000 to 9,000 and STI hovering around the 2,800 and 3,200 mark some decades back.

Where is Dow and STI now in comparison?

It’s like our homegrown companies like Singtel and SPH.  

Without govt protection and tax payers monies they will simply fall flat Big Grin

Anything wrong will become honest mistake.

Only in sg are these incompetent peepur and entities allowed to remain and thrive Angry

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

https://www.reuters.com/markets/us/proje...024-02-02/

And guess where all the excess fund from fed money printing operation are first stacked?

It is just an AI-interest-rate bubble. It will be ugly when it goes pop.

It should burst earlier than 2026

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news...tes-2024-4

Why did Chinese stock markets rise while the US interest rate remained high?

(26-05-2024, 10:51 AM)theold Wrote:  Why did Chinese stock markets rise while the US interest rate remained high?

Chinese markets fell for 3 yrs as US rates rose.
It rebounded because of signs of US interest rate cuts.

Such cuts will help to support the Yuan and give the PBoC more options to ease.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

This AI wave still at very beginning stage. Current stock market is very over-value.

Once more human being are losing their jobs due to AI robots replacing human jobs, the market will collapse.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"