Why supermarkets allow to sell plastic bags when ban takes effect?

Isn't it contradict to save the earth?  
Shouldn't Government ban the sales & use of plastic bags altogether?

Because they knew the rich people will still buy and pay for the plastic bags.

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!
[+] 1 user Likes ODA TETSURO's post

At least give 1 plastic bag free for shoppers. The rest can charge. Now supermarkets can earn more by selling plastic bags.

They use the same tactics like hawker centers and coffee shops where take - away is a major source of their profits.

If plastic bag not environment friendly, supermarkets should provide alternative.
Online bulk grocery delivery also no plastic bags?

similar to the car Coe system. Coe can't really solve the problem but still in use.
[+] 1 user Likes Bigbluedot's post

(03-07-2023, 10:38 AM)Bigbluedot Wrote:  similar to the car Coe system. Coe can't really solve the problem but still in use.

Ya...like drinking and smoking is bad but yet still sell cigaretttes and liquor...

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!
[+] 1 user Likes ODA TETSURO's post

(03-07-2023, 10:04 AM)Sline Wrote:  If plastic bag not environment friendly, supermarkets should provide alternative.
Online bulk grocery delivery also no plastic bags?

Can provide paper bags for free

(03-07-2023, 08:28 AM)Sline Wrote:  Isn't it contradict to save the earth?  
Shouldn't Government ban the sales & use of plastic bags altogether?

When did you see them solving the problem? Rotfl
They only good at creating more problems for us lah.

GST is to help the poor.
But GST still increase…
More poor ppl in Sg?

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

Rice bags  and toilet roll bags....
Wonder who will bite....?
LOL

50 years back house wife carried a cane marketing basket when they went marketing. Vendors used newspaper to wrap pork meats etc.
Who created the plastic bag problems? The same goup of idiots who shout save the
globe now.!

I will bring my own bag to the supermarket this evening

Nowadays want to buy eggs at supermarkets quite troublesome if no plastic bags provided.

They should only charge for extra plastic bag over what was needed. But this pap gov implement a blanket charge for all plastic bag at the supermarket. And NTUC start selling plastic bags and contradict the whole iintent. Wtf!

i was just at cold storage takashimaya and saw one woman take a whole bunch of those plastic bags for friuts and veg and use that to bag her DRY stuff.... then put everything into a cloth bag..... really lol

maybe she wants more of them free veg and fruit bags for her rubbish

You have 4 user(s) on ignore
Somme road, alerts,  Choc,  winbig

Foo Mee Har is my sister in law - FACT
https://linktr.ee/freckydoodles
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html

(03-07-2023, 12:57 PM)hansamu Wrote:  Nowadays want to buy eggs at supermarkets quite troublesome if no plastic bags provided.

Put them
In your pockets lor

(03-07-2023, 01:23 PM)wendychan Wrote:  i was just at cold storage takashimaya and saw one woman take a whole bunch of those  plastic bags for friuts and veg and use that to bag her DRY stuff.... then put everything into a cloth bag..... really lol

maybe she wants more of them  free veg and fruit bags for her rubbish

You meant she did this today? She will be in big trouble

i have a few ntuc recycle bags lar....
i didn't bring the bag along when i did grocery shopping so ended up buying extra...
i foresee i will have a good collection of these bags and have to sell them at Carousell lar....  Rolleyes
dammit!

(03-07-2023, 01:26 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  You meant she did this today? She will be in big trouble

nope NO trouble for her.
the veg and fruit bags are (still) free

You have 4 user(s) on ignore
Somme road, alerts,  Choc,  winbig

Foo Mee Har is my sister in law - FACT
https://linktr.ee/freckydoodles
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html

(03-07-2023, 02:09 PM)wendychan Wrote:  nope NO  trouble for her.
the veg and fruit bags are (still) free

These small plastic bags are useless leh

In Japan, South Korea and both China and Japan would requires everyone to bring their own shopping bags when they shopped in a supermarket. And should one requires to have the bags provided are to pay for it.

But these places, the plastic bags that they supplied were able to recycle. Which in turn would be environmentally friendly. I think in time to come our supermarket should go in that directions to provides with recyclable bags.

Though it seem contradicts that plastic bags were continuing to be supplied.

When I stayed in Taiwan, my family and I would purchase the recyclable shopping bags. And we would bring along our shopping bags.

Even with those trash bags we used for our daily trash were recyclable.

(03-07-2023, 03:31 PM)kangtangman Wrote:  In Japan, South Korea and both China and Japan would requires everyone to bring their own shopping bags when they shopped in a supermarket. And should one requires to have the bags provided are to pay for it.

But these places, the plastic bags that they supplied were able to recycle. Which in turn would be environmentally friendly. I think in time to come our supermarket should go in that directions to provides with recyclable bags.

Though it seem contradicts that plastic bags were continuing to be supplied.

When I stayed in Taiwan, my family and I would purchase the recyclable shopping bags. And we would bring along our shopping bags.

Even with those trash bags we used for our daily trash were recyclable.

Taiwan is a few decades ahead of Spore, they gave me paper bag at 7-11….in Australia you have to pay 0.15 for a recycled plastic bag….in Spore if the supermarkets ask consumers to buy non recyclable plastic bags, it defeats the purpose of going green.

ceo should be sack for not adhering to esg, green stuff. Say it but not serious in stamping out plastic. see all these heads are all like that.

(03-07-2023, 03:35 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Taiwan is a few decades ahead of Spore, they gave me paper bag at 7-11….in Australia you have to pay 0.25 for a recycled plastic bag….in Spore if the supermarkets ask consumers to buy non recyclable plastic bags, it defeats the purpose of going green.

Yes, the recyclable bags provided by the Taiwanese supermarket or convenient shops were low cost. Whether they defeat the purposes or not is subjective.

I saw 1 shopper bought 1 bag only. Wau lau.... she hiong hiong try to stuff all her groceries in.

If free, think she need 3 bags.