Why the dead outperform the living in investing.

If you want to be an above average investor, it may pay to play dead. That was the conclusion of a study by US fund manager Fidelity, according to a 2014 article on Business Insider. Fidelity analysed thousands of client accounts and broke them down into percentiles, trying to figure out what the top performers had in common. The result: the best investors were either dead or had forgotten they had an account.

Dead outperform the living

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

explain
dont just post

The human being is predisposed to be bad at guessing the market due to emotions.
He tends to get elated when market goes up andv think of himself as a genius and invest more when market gets higher. Or he gets depressed and feels like a loser after market goes down and tries to 'stop loss" by selling very often near market bottoms.

Regular investing or dollar cost averaging is aa good way to avoid such mistakes and tendency to guess the market.

For ordinary inveaters they should diversidy by buying index funds.

The other way is to invest and forget about it or drop dead...so you don't try to guess market movement to buy and sell frequently

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.