Why zero Covid China is attracting investments to it's stock market

https://www.scmp.com/comment/opinion/art...-investors

[Until this week, it seemed like it was the best-kept secret in financial markets. Eclipsed by the dramatic fallout from the aggressive tightening in monetary policy in advanced economies, a two-month-long rally in China’s beaten-down stocks has been gathering steam. Despite a brutal sell-off across all major asset classes, with the benchmark S&P 500 index experiencing its worst first half of the year since 1970, Chinese equities have continued their ascent. On Tuesday, the marked improvement in sentiment towards China suddenly took centre stage. David Ingles, a Bloomberg TV anchor in Hong Kong, said in a flurry of tweets, “it’s like a switch just flipped on in Chinese markets”. The scale of the rally is remarkable. The CSI 300 index of Shenzhen- and Shanghai-listed shares has surged more than 15 per cent since its low on April 26, approaching a bull market that is usually defined as a rise of at least 20 per cent from a previous low. The technology-heavy ChiNext is already in bull market territory, as is the Hang Seng China Enterprises Index.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

The huge China Tech sell off and Evergrande collapse which cause global funds to flee China has created a unique and historic opportunity.

While everyone is distracted by US problems of inflation, tightening and recession, people forget that at the end of the day pension funds, hedge funds and all sorts of global funds have to put money to work. If not US ...where? Bridgewater and Blackrock who controls several trillion have to find returns for their money. That place is China and Asia ex Japan.

The rally is in its nascent stage  ...
[Image: mY4JoM9.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.