Will I Spoil My Aircon If I Set The Temperature Too High?

https://www.aircon-servicing.com.sg/arti...-high.html

Many people set temperature to 26 degree or higher.

[Image: 2-A518-AAA-09-C5-40-E1-A21-E-AABDC7477422.webp]

(07-02-2022, 03:03 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  https://www.aircon-servicing.com.sg/arti...-high.html
The comfortable temperature to set is 23 degrees C.  This temp. is recommended by BCA........

(07-02-2022, 03:12 PM)debono Wrote:  The comfortable temperature to set is 23 degrees C.  This temp. is recommended by BCA........

Correct, but I noticed many people set at 26 c, they might as well use fans.

(07-02-2022, 03:15 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Correct, but I noticed many people set at 26 c, they might as well use fans.

The outside ambient temp. is around 32 degrees C, during the day, so I reckon that if the aircon. is set at 24 degrees will be suitable temp.....
[+] 2 users Like debono's post

(07-02-2022, 03:03 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  https://www.aircon-servicing.com.sg/arti...-high.html

Some aircons have additional heating features. So shd call such air con as 空调机,
You can set high temperature if you want to do sauna at home.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

17°C

or else dun use aircon

(07-02-2022, 03:28 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Some aircons have additional heating features. So shd call such air con as 空调机,

These types of Aircon only available in countries with cold winter. Not needed in sg

(07-02-2022, 03:28 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Some aircons have additional heating features. So shd call such air con as 空调机,

People switch on aircon due to hot weather in Spore.

(07-02-2022, 03:36 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  People switch on aircon due to hot weather in Spore.

However many can’t tahan the cold feeling inside the room.

(07-02-2022, 03:35 PM)winbig Wrote:  These types of Aircon only available in countries with cold winter. Not needed in sg

It is also available in Sg…
But many ppl don’t know about it.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(07-02-2022, 03:36 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  People switch on aircon due to hot weather in Spore.

Don’t you find Sg weather especially in Dec period is getting colder. One day you may need it, due to climate change.

(07-02-2022, 03:38 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  It is also available in Sg…

U buy heater in sg for what? Not hot enough? Laughing

(07-02-2022, 03:40 PM)winbig Wrote:  U buy heater in sg for what? Not hot enough? Laughing

It is incorporated into it…  The price is still about the same.

(07-02-2022, 03:38 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  It is also available in Sg…

do you know the model no and the company who sells it?

it is stupid to buy aircon with this feature.  waste of money

(07-02-2022, 03:42 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  It is incorporated into it…  The price is still about the same.

are you sure the same?  what is the model no and who sells it?

This is the stupidest article I have seem so far.

It is from an aircon cleaning company, runs by ah beng.

must be a joke, set the aircon temp too high will spoil the aircon Rotfl
[+] 1 user Likes drgn's post

i may get a flak for this but every time when any vendor take the blower back for washing ..gaurentee in 6 months one of the three will fail and they say not their fault ... so fed up

(07-02-2022, 05:12 PM)drgn Wrote:  do you know the model no and the company who sells it?

it is stupid to buy aircon with this feature.  waste of money

It is additional function. 
You don’t want to use also no problem.

You can do sauna at home if you want.

Just like your gadgets, Not all functions you will use them.

(07-02-2022, 03:35 PM)winbig Wrote:  These types of Aircon only available in countries with cold winter. Not needed in sg

I understand from a friend that if the ambient temp. is 17 degrees C, it is the best environment for studying....

(07-02-2022, 05:28 PM)keys Wrote:  i may get a flak for this but every time when any vendor take the blower back for washing ..gaurentee in 6 months one of the three will fail and they say not their fault ... so fed up

Your technician didn't teach u how to maintain ah. I just service my AC after almost 3 yrs....not a single problem even though its On everyday.

(07-02-2022, 05:47 PM)debono Wrote:  I understand from a friend that if the ambient temp. is 17 degrees C, it is the best environment for studying....

Thats becos u got no brain right? Laughing

Can see the little sun icon?
This aircon remote got heat mode.

You can set to this heat mode to do sauna at your room.

[Image: 27-C1-C35-C-D7-A8-49-E0-9-AA9-ECBCAB4-CEBE9.jpg]

picture uploader

You just need a 4 degrees difference from room temperature will be comfortable.

If you can program your aircon, fix it at a much much lower temperature so that you fall asleep fast. Then get it to automatically change to 25 degrees. Then in the morning or near you wake hours, raise the temperature to near room or just auto off.

On any typical day, in your room, 25 degrees is good enough. For halls, drop it to 23 degrees since the area is bigger.

(07-02-2022, 03:34 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  17°C

or else dun use aircon

20°C and below covid thrive

(07-02-2022, 11:04 PM)watchfirst9 Wrote:   20°C and below covid thrive
ok, i am not worried abt Covid

never did, never have, never will

Covid is man made in the lab

Dun ask me how i know

Just follow the money

I'm no expert. 
But I think it's the other way around.  If you set the temperature too low,  you'll spoil your compressor. 
Cos , with our ambient temperature being around 30° most of the time,  if we set, say 18°, our normal household aircon will never reach that . So the compressor never stops working leh (as long as it is on)
Will spoil or not ?

My aircon can act as a heater too. Not that I used the feature.

(07-02-2022, 05:47 PM)debono Wrote:  I understand from a friend that if the ambient temp. is 17 degrees C, it is the best environment for studying....

No lah. Depends on the person. I know most like about 25 C. I actually did a survey 3 decades ago. Why? Because I was in a meeting room where the temperature was set at 11 C. Everyone felt too cold and in the end shortened the meeting (I did wonder if someone wanted to end the meeting early and sabotage it by setting the temperature to 11C). It made me wonder what is the comfortable temperature and I asked around. I get a HUGE range of answers from 17 to 27 C. Yes, 27C. And most of them are around 25C. Very few below 22C. or Higher than 26C.

Those who wanted below 20C always wear a jacket. LOL.

(07-02-2022, 11:34 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  ok, i am not worried abt Covid

never did, never have, never will

Covid is man made in the lab

Dun ask me how i know

Just follow the money

I doubt this virus is man made especially virus is subject to temperature fluctuations.