How come this charger can sell so cheap?

I just bought 1x 36W Charger with Uk plug… Rotfl
Over production.
Anybody interested?

[Image: BA23423-A-C842-4849-AE14-7820-D1-A990-A9.png]

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

The review is not bad, got 300 cheapos including me has bought 1 to try out.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

I wouldn't try to save money on cheap chargers.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(17-12-2021, 01:34 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I wouldn't try to save money on cheap chargers.

May burst in flames if overcharged?

8Umbrella Umbrella
[+] 1 user Likes klat's post

(17-12-2021, 01:35 PM)klat Wrote:  May burst in flames if overcharged?

Don’t worry… Got protecting diode and fuse lah.
This is basic electronic knowledge.

(17-12-2021, 01:34 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I wouldn't try to save money on cheap chargers.

Cheap doesn’t mean is no good.
Probably the production cost is $1 nia.
Branded charger sold you at huge profit.

I though it is around this price. I prefer Power sockets with USB slots extension.

(17-12-2021, 01:44 PM)theold Wrote:  I though it is around this price. I prefer Power sockets with USB slots extension.

That day I just bought a popular power socket with USB ports. I found some screws were not tightened properly…

(17-12-2021, 01:41 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Cheap doesn’t mean is no good.
Probably the production cost is $1 nia.
Branded charger sold you at huge profit.
It's fine if they are giving you good quality but nit charging for brand inflated price.

But often they cut corners 

I open up  cheap chargers before and often they are light because they don't dissipate heat properly and there rating of the components is questionable.

That is why a Samsung or LG charger always have more weight.

Most of the time you won't get fire but the component burn you smell something and it stops working.

Good brands at reasonable prices are UGreen and Anker.

You should try to save money on unknown chargers.

Cables okay at most they don't last as long.

But when it come to chargers where safety involved...better get something more solid.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

https://www.lazada.sg/products/ldnio-sk3...!318319941&gclid=Cj0KCQiA5OuNBhCRARIsACgaiqVXnKsd8SrUhuUrKhvOjr6KXvSHDCfIIpoAdXkxTjdbgq2f7qJAakMaAmnVEALw_wcB

Now, I use each plug, one switch.

Marketing forum

cud be qc rejects. can use but may not last long.

this month alone already hv 2 devices conged off

(17-12-2021, 01:35 PM)klat Wrote:  May burst in flames if overcharged?

That is a strong possibility.....better to invest in branded chargers, if it burst into flames, the house will be in grave danger..... crying

(17-12-2021, 02:44 PM)debono Wrote:  That is a strong possibility.....better in invest in branded chargers, if it burst into flames, the house will be in grave danger..... crying

That one is battery problem not charger problem. Different story.
Lithium battery scare of oxygen.

(17-12-2021, 03:24 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  That one is battery problem not charger problem. Different story.
Lithium battery scare of oxygen.

The charger has a small transformer built inside, and if not properly wired can burst into flames... crying

(17-12-2021, 03:28 PM)debono Wrote:  The charger has a small transformer built inside, and if not properly wired can burst into flames... crying

It's rare for Transformers to catch fire. The insulation breakdown between the windings is the most likely cause of transformer failure. 

If it is so easy to catch fire our big power station even more easy to catch fire as Some of them are at outdoor.

(17-12-2021, 03:42 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  It's rare for Transformers to catch fire. The insulation breakdown between the windings is the most likely cause of transformer failure. 

Insulation breakdown may result in fire....... Clapping

(17-12-2021, 03:44 PM)debono Wrote:  Insulation breakdown may result in fire....... Clapping

That will take donkey years to happen…

(17-12-2021, 03:56 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:   
That will take donkey years to happen…

It is the QC of the charger that is of paramount importance.... Clapping

(17-12-2021, 03:59 PM)debono Wrote:  It is the QC of the charger that is of paramount importance.... Clapping

Then cheap phone also cannot buy lor. Thinking

https://shopee.sg/product/242852738/9508...39729501.9

[Image: 3-A37-C52-C-8-B8-A-4-A05-8-E39-5-CC9742-DD21-D.jpg]

I think phone is more risky than the charger.

(17-12-2021, 03:42 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  It's rare for Transformers to catch fire. The insulation breakdown between the windings is the most likely cause of transformer failure. 

If it is so easy to catch fire our big power station even more easy to catch fire as Some of them are at outdoor.

Power transformers are mostly oil-cooled therefore it is unlikely to catch fire...... Clapping

Safety check ?

(17-12-2021, 04:31 PM)FangFang Wrote:  Safety check ?

You believe, even Samsung phone also exploded before? Never go through safety check before launching. Now you seldom hear HP explosion due to higher awareness.

I usually buy ugreen brand

There should be built-in protection in the charger, like putting a fuse. Most chargers are very safe.
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

[Image: Screenshot-20211217-185218-Shopee-SG.jpg]

many electronic products are falsely advertised. this is one of them, 100k mah is only 10k mah  Laughing