Woman gives mum $1600 monthly, but

Woman gives mum $1600 monthly, but mum says it’s not enough; complains that she cannot retire

https://theindependent.sg/woman-gives-mu...um-retire/

Wow,, get marry lor.

No lah, her mother wants to do exercises lah so do not want to retire

Laughing

家家有本难念的经。
She is so capable at work yet cannot handle her family problem?

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

$1,600 is a lot of money hor!

Given she's earning pretty well at 12k a month, what's 1600 to show gratitude and love for her parents. 

Very likely she is a grad with such a high income. 
If the parents didn't groom her , would she be what she is now?

Unless the parents didn't pay for her education ,then it's a different story. She may then have a  case to gripe super loud !!!

(11-07-2022, 10:32 AM)cityhantam Wrote:  $1,600 is a lot of money hor!

Is she the said insurance agent???

Laughing

(11-07-2022, 09:40 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  Woman gives mum $1600 monthly, but mum says it’s not enough; complains that she cannot retire

https://theindependent.sg/woman-gives-mu...um-retire/

So cheapskate ah! She should give her mum more money mah!

Some people are workaholics
Prefers to work n stay alert n healthy

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

$1,600 not enough? Izzit because the mother has a high medical bill?

I did a 3-year experiment back in 2010 and I can live on less than $1,500 monthly (less than $18,000 annually) and that includes paying insurance, utilities, broadband, mobile, newspaper, property taxes + once-in-a-while purchases like TV, fridge, washing machine, notebook, tablet, aircon etc. Does not include traveling though so maybe the mother wants to travel?

Her daughter already so good still not satisfied
One day if her daughter fed up n disappeared
Gone case

☝️

(11-07-2022, 10:35 AM)hansamu Wrote:  Given she's earning pretty well at 12k a month, what's 1600 to show gratitude and love for her parents. 

Very likely she is a grad with such a high income. 
If the parents didn't groom her , would she be what she is now?

Unless the parents didn't pay for her education ,then it's a different story. She may then have a  case to gripe super loud !!!

It is relative. Given her $12000 pay per month, she could afford to give her mother more. However if she also pay for teh household expenses, then the $1600 for her mum's pocket alone, it is more than enough. I do agree that she need to save for her old age. Her mother probably is a greedy black hole.

Having said that, I used to give my mother more than half of my salary when I was a fresh graduate but the money given  remained as it was till her passing. I would give more when i have more year end bonus and $500 for her ang pow money. Later year increase to $1000 as new notes for her to prepare her ang pow. Luckily, My mum never complained about monthly expenses given even though I have risen through ranks in my career, she is so proud of my success and was a very appreciative kind woman. I am truely proud of her and miss her dearly.
[+] 1 user Likes kc172021's post

(11-07-2022, 11:49 AM)kc172021 Wrote:  It is relative. Given her $12000 pay per month, she could afford to give her mother more. However if she also pay for teh household expenses, then the $1600 for her mum's pocket alone, it is more than enough. I do agree that she need to save for her old age. Her mother probably is a greedy black hole.

Having said that, I used to give my mother more than half of my salary when I was a fresh graduate but the money given  remained as it was till her passing. I would give more when i have more year end bonus and $500 for her ang pow money. Later year increase to $1000 as new notes for her to prepare her ang pow. Luckily, My mum never complained about monthly expenses given even though I have risen through ranks in my career, she is so proud of my success and was a very appreciative kind woman. I am truely proud of her and miss her dearly.
Yes, reminds me of my dearest lovely mum.
At least, glad to say I treated her extremely well when she was alive. A great and altruistic mum that never asked for more.

Just prayed last week at the temple  during her anniversary. 
Always in our hearts 💕. 

Treat your parents well when they are still living. 
You will never forget the fond memories when they are gone.

(11-07-2022, 10:32 AM)cityhantam Wrote:  $1,600 is a lot of money hor!

no it is not

no minister millions paycheck is not enough

My neighbour also like that

Because her daughter works in bank

so must give $3k per mth

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

Greedy mother. 1600 is more than enough. If there's really an emergency case I'm sure the daughter is willing to top up.

Children gives how much just take very lucky Liao
Some don’t even give a single cent

☝️