'World's most expensive pasar malam stall': KF Seetoh calls out $18k rent at Geylang

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/worlds...lang-serai

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(22-03-2023, 07:22 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/worlds...lang-serai

Just because the organizer spends $2.5 million on the setup, the food vendors have to fork out $18,000 for a stall space.  The pasar malam organizer don't need to set up such an elaborate tentage, like in previous years, where the rental is an affordable $8,000 to $10,000 for a stall........... Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

greed from the main organiser is the fault

(22-03-2023, 07:30 PM)talky Wrote:  greed from the main organiser is the fault

Main organizer had built a too elaborate set-up for the Ramadan festivities.............. Big Grin

(22-03-2023, 07:34 PM)debono Wrote:  Main organizer had built a too elaborate set-up for the Ramadan festivities.............. Big Grin

PAP gave the business to the highest bidder?

$2.5 Mil for set- up includes the URA Lan rental?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

Must claim back all the profit loss during COVID lock down mah. Where got bosses and too brass pay one, surely commoners bear it all lah...

ERP not yet up earn from Coe first. Then petrol tax go up when oil prices go down. Then electricity also not going down lah. Then hor in name of water sustainability up water levy some more... Lol very easy for them to earn their multi million paycheck.

no profit who want to do business ?

Pasar malam rental like coffee shop price

(23-03-2023, 07:58 AM)Cmpunk Wrote:  Pasar malam rental like coffee shop price

Even worse when you consider that pasar malam is TEMPORARY business structure. Yet a pasar malam stall can somehow cost MORE than an actual permanent hawker stall in a food court or coffee shop. 

Really no shame in profiteering.

SEE ONE WUMAO, KILL ONE WUMAO!!! 

Demand and supply.

If they bid high and cannot make back next year they will bid low.

If they bid high and the crowds still come.tonpay sky high prices then what's wrong???
It shows there is demand

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.