'Would You Agree That TikTok Is Controlled By The CCP?': Sinkie TikTok CEO grilled

[+] 1 user Likes lioncityftw's post

the crime if tiktok is that it could take away the profit of western similar
[+] 1 user Likes sclim's post

(25-03-2023, 10:47 AM)sclim Wrote:  the crime if tiktok is that it could take away the profit of western similar

1.TikTok has won too many users away from Assmerican social media

2. TikTok provides more balanced news and views which Assmerican elites are not happy to see happening!
[+] 2 users Like cityhantam's post

They have the rights to ban for use in AMERICA just like CCP have banned YouTube,  Facebook,  WhatsApp etc  So far,  they say WECHAT will b next. So what is so surprise?

(25-03-2023, 11:31 AM)teaserteam Wrote:  They have the rights to ban for use in AMERICA just like CCP have banned YouTube,  Facebook,  WhatsApp etc  So far,  they say WECHAT will b next.

These Assmerican companies are not allowed in China because they refuse to follow China's law to have their data in China!

TikTok is having everything in USA! 

See the difference?
[+] 3 users Like cityhantam's post

The problem is there is a lackof laws in China to protect data from govt agencies. This means that the Chinese govt can demand access to the data without open legal requests subject to challenge in an open court.

Individual rights to privacy lacks protection.

In many countries all requests made by govt has to comply to strict legal requirements like data related to crimes committed and authorities have to show probable cause before they can get some of these data and individuals who are checked on are informed and can sue the govt is necessary if laws are violated

All these are absent in China.

It is not that they are afraid of TikTok but that TikTok lack the power to refuse demand for data from the Chinese govt.

Yes some people claim they like the Chinese govt and Chinese govt will respect individual rights and privacy. That is a matter of opinion and the opinion of the Chinese govt is negative in US and law makers there have to take precautionary measures to protect their citizens.

Hope people can see such issues objectively and not swayed by personal bias and ignorance.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(25-03-2023, 11:31 AM)teaserteam Wrote:  They have the rights to ban for use in AMERICA just like CCP have banned YouTube,  Facebook,  WhatsApp etc  So far,  they say WECHAT will b next.  So what is so surprise?

protectionism is everywhere

even india famers are also protected against outside competition

protectionism is everywhere

so USA ban tiktok is USA rights!

there is no such thing as globalization
[+] 2 users Like grotesqueness's post

Aiya want to ban just ban lah. Why put up so much wayang?
[+] 2 users Like WhatDoYouThink!'s post

(25-03-2023, 11:38 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  The problem is there is a lakc of laws in China to protect data from govt agencies. This means that the Chinese govt can demand access to the data without open legal requests subject to challenge in an open court.

Individual rights to privacylacks protection.

It is not that they are afraid of TikTok but that TikTok lack the power to refuse demand for data from the Chinese govt.

In USA, ALL data are accessible by CIA, NSA, Homeland Security, etc. etc.!

You don't know that???

BTW, TikTok's data centres are in Singapore and USA. It is protected by Singapore law and American law.

You don't know that?
[+] 2 users Like cityhantam's post

(25-03-2023, 11:31 AM)teaserteam Wrote:  They have the rights to ban for use in AMERICA just like CCP have banned YouTube,  Facebook,  WhatsApp etc  So far,  they say WECHAT will b next.  So what is so surprise?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM
[+] 1 user Likes CHAOS's post

The CCP implemented firewall and hindered use of American apps

But they will cry baby when one of their apps is banned.

It is quite remarkable the US laaw makers granted an open public hearing. When China bans it does so in quiet.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Much unlike CCP, the Biden admin only wanted TIKTOK & other Chinese media to be delinked from CCP.

(25-03-2023, 11:58 AM)teaserteam Wrote:  Much unlike CCP,  the Biden admin only wanted TIKTOK & other Chinese media to be delinked from CCP.

Don't bluff!

TikTok is a private company with many foreign investors!  It hasnothing to do with CCP!

Aiya ermao use tiktok song song, but want assmarycunt daddy to ban it. Funny hor

Say what you like
This Mr Chew speaks better, talks better, answers better than any of the PAPig million dollar ministers, past or present barred LKY
You can safely say this is one that got away or missed the met
As I say, PAPig high hierarchy are poor judgment of people and unable to attract the very best to their leadership

Tampines & West Coast GRCs are there for the taking 

(25-03-2023, 11:42 AM)cityhantam Wrote:  In USA, ALL data are accessible by CIA, NSA, Homeland Security, etc. etc.!

You don't know that???

BTW, TikTok's data centres are in Singapore and USA. It is protected by Singapore law and American law.

You don't know that?

The server in sg ? I only Google data storage Centre only?

(25-03-2023, 01:25 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  The server in sg ? I only Google data storage Centre only?

Tiktok's HQ is in Sg.

(25-03-2023, 12:51 PM)Bluebull Wrote:  Say what you like
This Mr Chew speaks better, talks better, answers better than any of the PAPig million dollar ministers, past or present barred LKY
You can safely say this is one that got away or missed the met
As I say, PAPig high hierarchy are poor judgment of people and unable to attract the very best to their leadership

You siao ah? PM only earn few millions per year. TikTok CEO easily tens of times that.........
[+] 1 user Likes lylcnn's post

(25-03-2023, 01:35 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  Tiktok's HQ is in Sg.

Where is the office?

(25-03-2023, 01:38 PM)lylcnn Wrote:  You siao ah? PM only earn few millions per year. TikTok CEO easily tens of times that.........

(25-03-2023, 01:38 PM)lylcnn Wrote:  You siao ah? PM only earn few millions per year. TikTok CEO easily tens of times that.........

You lagi siao!
You think PM only get tax-free salary?
You think he can afford so many properties with just his tax-free minister salary?
You think he fly here fly there with his own money?
You think he paid for expensive dinners from his pocket?
You think he can afford stocks and shares with his minster salary plus his mp allowance?
You think.........?..

(25-03-2023, 01:46 PM)Bluebull Wrote:  You lagi siao!
You think PM only get tax-free salary?
You think he can afford so many properties with just his tax-free minister salary?
You think he fly here fly there with his own money?
You think he paid for expensive dinners from his pocket?
You think he can afford stocks and shares with his minster salary plus his mp allowance?
You think.........?..

Think you have no sense of proportion. Rest my case....

(25-03-2023, 01:51 PM)lylcnn Wrote:  Think you have no sense of proportion. Rest my case....

Of course you got to rest la
When you are talking non senses

(25-03-2023, 01:44 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  Where is the office?

TikTok Singapore Headquarters Tour!!! 🥰😍 thank you for taking us aro... | TikTok

https://www.tiktok.com/@aynbernos/video/...82?lang=en

They were not banned. They chose not to host the servers and data in China.

Titok servers and data in SG and USA. The CEO said can put all in USA data centers. Rotfl

Scumbag like u will cheat on any reasons. Just like USA Govt. Clapping

Confirmed not a Chinese.... we dont have these values Gesti-109

Smile
[+] 2 users Like Niubee's post

(25-03-2023, 11:41 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Aiya want to ban just ban lah. Why put up so much wayang?

A Bully is always a Bully. Rotfl

Didnt know Sg has such kind of “PM talent material” working in TikTok.
Really make Sg proud.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

This Team exports Sg talents to the world and import Foreign Talents into Sg. What’s an irony? Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

The tiktok ceo is a very jntelligent person.

If he wants to assuage the fears and concerns of the American law makers, he can simply  say what his company policy is.. with regard to protecting data from access of the Chinese govt and under what exacting circumstances will data be release.

Unfortunately he was not able to do this because if the Chinese govt wants data he might not have a choice.

And that's the reality.

We can sit here and debate whether the Chinese govt will do such a thing or not but the fact they can, strikes fear ...and that is the heart of the issue.

[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

The Yankees are sour grapes, unhappywith Tik Tok’s rapid growth, want to find a way to hammer it.

I dunt think Chinese garment controls the company, its parent company does have connection with the central garment but this is very common in China…it doesn’t mean it is controlled by the CCP to steal data from Americans.

On the other hand iPhone does spy on users, your photos, phone calls and social media communications are well captured and sent to a big data centrein Arizona every day. Why like that? Why does the US use US companies collect user data and spy the world? Can the U.S. garment come clean on this first before banning Tik Tok?.
[+] 4 users Like lvlrsSTI's post

Not a position u would like to be... How to defend for a company that is set up by the PRC and claiming there is no link to PRC or CCP. and he wasn't even given a chance to defend. It is clear they wanted a complete delink from the CCP or PRC. Just pull out lah

https://twitter.com/RFA_Chinese/status/1...0586702848

[+] 1 user Likes teaserteam's post

(25-03-2023, 02:59 PM)teaserteam Wrote:  自由亚洲电台

The goal of this media is to smear China lah!

You don't know meh?  Rotfl