Would you be happy as a long-term single?

Would you be happy as a long-term single?

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/wou...erm-single

Humans are social beings so there is no way that we can remain contented for life without a significant other or a family of our own. I know of many singles who claim to be satisfied going solo without the responsibilities of taking care of a spouse and children. However, those singles who are closer to me admitted times when they felt lonely, unloved, afraid and insecure without a partner and offspring. I am thankful to God that I have been married for 25 years, and have 2 adult children and 1 teenager.  I would have missed out on so much without having them by my side.  

(06-05-2024, 09:33 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Humans are social beings so there is no way that we can remain contented for life without a significant other or a family of our own. I know of many singles who claim to be satisfied going solo without the responsibilities of taking care of a spouse and children. However, those singles who are closer to me admitted times when they felt lonely, unloved, afraid and insecure without a partner and offspring. I am thankful to God that I have been married for 25 years, and have 2 adult children and 1 teenager.  I would have missed out on so much without having them by my side.  

With Dino taking good care of the children you ofc could put more energy on work

According to FA, he is happy staying single forever wat.      Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

If lich\elite whether live single or wedded ish they ownself happy can liao. Moi actually know a few ASK prefer to stay single as with their wealth they don't believe in giving up whole forest just for a tree. Some already in their early 50s, but syt girlfriend still keep changing every nao and then, ish die die no want settle down with someone to start a family.

But low SES type when young maybe won't felt too much and may even enjoy the freedom of staying single, but old liao ish more likely to feel pathetic at the possibility of dying alone in their pigeon hole until rotting also nobody know. Sad

There was a time when the country asked ordinary men to do extraordinary things.

But now, they'll only do it for money.

Different for each person but given many marriages end in divorce to say one needs to get married to be happy is highly flawed. ...so many failed marriages ..

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(06-05-2024, 10:57 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  My Dinobu wife takes good care of my children so i could put more energy on workouts with chickens from Geylang 

You don't seem to be worried about contracting HIV.

(06-05-2024, 01:30 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Different for each person but given many marriages end in divorce to say one needs to get married to be happy  is highly flawed. ...so many failed marriages ..

There are no guarantees that we will live happily ever after when we get married, but that doesn't mean we stay single on purpose. It is like saying that since the price of a private property and car are beyond the reach of the masses, our youngsters shouldn't study hard in university to land a white collar job, because they wouldn't be much better off than blue collar workers who stay in HDB flats and rely on public transport.