Jefferies downgrades DBS, OCBC, UOB to 'hold' on flattening yield curve

FRI, APR 01, 2022 - 3:57 PM
TAN NAI LUN

JEFFERIES has downgraded its call on the 3 Singapore banks, DBS : D05 -0.78%, OCBC : O39 +0.16% and UOB : U11 -0.19%, to "hold" from "buy", to account for a flattening yield curve and the muted transmission of the US Federal Reserve's rate hikes on local rate benchmarks.

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/compani...ield-curve

I think many investors will disagree with this
Even if US goes into some recession, the sg economy is enjoying many tailwinds with lifting of covid restrictions and marine sector recovery

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(02-04-2022, 06:30 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I think many investors will disagree with this
Even if US goes into some recession, the sg economy is enjoying many tailwinds  with lifting of covid restrictions and marine sector recovery

Lifting Mean Gov no more subsidy .. more marine sector company dying soon without all this subsidies + interest hike + inflation + how many company can tahan ?!!!  Thinking

As a investors and business man never underestimating the power of inflations and interest hike … banks will not lend you cheap $$$ anymore .. the easy $$$ will dry up sooon… final nail in The Coffin Akan datang  crying