Young couple lost $120k in fake OCBC text message scam

It took a man and his wife five years to save about $120,000, but in just 30 minutes, scammers using a fake text message stole the money they had kept in their OCBC Bank joint savings account.

The couple in their 20s were among at least 469 people who reportedly fell victim to phishing scams involving OCBC Bank in the last two weeks of December last year.

The victims lost around $8.5 million in total.

More at https://shrtco.de/jND6Yz

I feel sorry for the young couple. 120K is a lot of money for anyone.

Nowadays only petty thieves will break into houses. How much can you steal if you break into someone's house?

E-theft is more lucrative right.

Thieves have gone hi-tech.

Pity for the couples.. currently OCBC sending alot of scam notices too, possibly increasing cases now.
[+] 1 user Likes FangFang's post

(08-01-2022, 11:12 PM)Oyk Wrote:  I feel sorry for the young couple.  120K is a lot of money for anyone.

Nowadays only petty thieves will break into houses.  How much can you steal if you break into someone's house?

E-theft is more lucrative right.

Thieves have gone hi-tech.
Yes, those cyber thieves has gone hi-tech.......but I hope the victims had learned from their mistakes.....

(09-01-2022, 08:48 AM)FangFang Wrote:  Pity for the couples.. currently OCBC sending alot of scam notices too, possibly increasing cases now.
OCBC is not a safe bank now. Shd avoid having acct with them.
[+] 1 user Likes Gemstar's post

Now you know why older people don't like internet banking. Are they stupid? making life easier doesn't mean making it simpler.