'Zero empathy', 'total upheaval': Inside Twitter's layoffs in Singapore

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/business...ay-3075841
[+] 2 users Like forum456's post

(17-11-2022, 10:26 AM)forum456 Wrote:  https://www.channelnewsasia.com/business...ay-3075841

Elon Musk has no class. These are employees...at working level who have done no wrong ...and he treated then like shit...

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 2 users Like sgbuffett's post

(17-11-2022, 10:26 AM)forum456 Wrote:  https://www.channelnewsasia.com/business...ay-3075841

CNA don't like Elon Musk de-CECA-ing Twitter. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Manthink's post

(17-11-2022, 10:32 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Elon Musk has no class. These are employees...at working level who have done no wrong ...and he treated then like shit...

He bought the coy for US$ 4.4 44 Billion and made many of the tech coy management instant millionaires. That is one F*CKING FAT pink slip any tech workers can dream off. The person who has truly has "no class" is the founder Jack himself who hand the coy to a CECA in 2021 and then screw it up within 12 months  Big Grin

[Image: twitter-indian-ceo-reax.jpg]

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/30/busin...itter.html
[+] 2 users Like Manthink's post

(17-11-2022, 10:43 AM)Manthink Wrote:  He bought the coy for US$ 4.4 44 Billion and made many of the tech coy management instant millionaires. That is one F*CKING FAT pink slip any tech workers can dream off. The person who has truly has "no class" is the founder Jack himself who hand the coy to a CECA in 2021 and then screw it up within 12 months  Big Grin

[Image: twitter-indian-ceo-reax.jpg]

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/30/busin...itter.html
Stop yor racist perspective. Microsoft and Google are also run by Indian CEOs. 

After it was handed over to the new CEO, the company was later valued at $44B. 

The victims are the many working level staff who are not highly paid executives and some are our fellow Singaporeans

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(17-11-2022, 10:47 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Stop yor racist perspective. Microsoft and Google are also run by Indian CEOs. 
The victims are the many working level staff who are not highly paid executives and some are our fellow Singaporeans

Huh? What's CECA got to do with race? Why do you confuse nationality with ethnicity ?

Once hand over to India people to manage, most companies will screw up

Just that people outside do not know

Even my ex- workplace also kena screw- up by them

Japs had to close down the office

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(17-11-2022, 10:32 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Elon Musk has no class. These are employees...at working level who have done no wrong ...and he treated then like shit...

He is running a business to make profit rather than doing charity, heard most of them are doing nothing in office and company is losing money….when your share is bleeding and losing money every day, you also will sell it to cut loss, correct? Nothing wrong with that. American bosses are notorious and always like to fire people when they are losing money to bring the balance sheet back to black, so no loyalty at all, people should avoid working for American companies.

as long as they are compensated, it is ok

Meta fired 13% and Amazon fired 10,000 right before the holiday season starts so these people fired won’t get their annual bonuses, no mercy, cold blooded…Jappy Thanksgiving and Merry Xmas!

One of the employees at Twitter in the US earning 500k per year and starts work at 2pm and knocks off at 6pm, then he goes out to watch opera, this is kind of easy life they have been enjoying now no more.

I Ching never teach me empathy leh.
Why har?

没教我要有同理心,
因为很多人在滥用。

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(17-11-2022, 12:26 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  One of the employees at Twitter in the US earning 500k per year and starts work at 2pm and knocks off at 6pm, then he goes out to watch opera, this is kind of easy life they have been enjoying now no more.

One of the several thousands that caused Twitter to collapse. Those victims who lost their job should pursue these high privilege staff.

(17-11-2022, 01:40 PM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  One of the several thousands that caused Twitter to collapse. Those victims who lost their job should pursue these high privilege staff.

No hard to find a new job for these people…heard the ex-CEO wants to sue Elon Musk.

There was this Dutch MNC IT company that retrenched workers without paying a single cent in retrenchment benefit after working for 7 years.

(17-11-2022, 12:17 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  He is running a business to make profit rather than doing charity, heard most of them are doing nothing in office and company is losing money….when your share is bleeding and losing money every day, you also will sell it to cut loss, correct? Nothing wrong with that. American bosses are notorious and always like to fire people when they are losing money to bring the balance sheet back to black, so no loyalty at all, people should avoid working for American companies.

Elon said Twitter is losing US$4 million EVERYDAY when he bought the coy.

At that rate, he knew he is taking on SH!T business with only its branding to live on.

What makes Elon different from the likes venture capitalist, angel investors or entrepreneur is reason he goes into certain business is driven more by ideals than $...which eventually come his way because he does make very very tough decisions.

He almost lost Tesla with the gamble on 1st roadster and S model EV.
He almost gone bankrupt with SpaceX until the 4th flight Falcon 1 succeed in 2008.
He almost gone crazy with Gigafactory when his Telsa production line keep screwing up.

I think the best way to show what drives him is too see his reaction after SpaceX succeed landing the 1st reusable Falcon 9 and explained why he took took that risk.

https://youtu.be/brE21SBO2j8

Life is never fair and a bitch …..if not it wont be called life.
Lived with it, its a up and down game

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

Worse still Tesla shares keep dropping lower and lower

(17-11-2022, 03:12 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Worse still Tesla shares keep dropping lower and lower

Tesla value likely will drop in the long run given the increasingly cut throat competition from the Chinese as they move into the international market. That's the curse of being a 1st mover. Unlike the traditional auto industry, EV business is fundamentally a different animal from factory to post sales.  That is one reason Warren Buffett put his $ in BYD and not a cent in Telsa...  

BTW, no surprise Elon is not a fan of Buffett. Big Grin

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

(17-11-2022, 10:47 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Stop yor racist perspective. Microsoft and Google are also run by Indian CEOs. 

Lucky Huawei is not run by bloody cecas..
[+] 1 user Likes OutBreak's post