Here's why store shelves are empty again in parts of the U.S.

Jan. 13, 2022, 12:56 AM +08 / Updated Jan. 13, 2022, 9:43 AM +08
By Phil McCausland

The recent spread of the omicron variant among supply chain workers, sour weather and even a recall of bagged salads and vegetables have caused Americans to once again find barren shelves at supermarkets or retail stores.

The number of people who voluntarily quit their jobs surged to 4.5 million in November

As these jobs remain unfilled and the omicron variant is able to find a foothold among the largely vaccinated meatpacking workforce, the labor shortages are further exacerbated

Jon Samson, an executive director at the American Trucking Associations, said the omicron variant hasn’t spread among truckers, but there is a noticeable slowdown of pickup and drop-offs at warehouses, ports, retailers and stores because of a shortage of workers.

Samson, who testified before Congress in November regarding the nation’s supply chain issues, said his industry was already short 80,000 drivers before the pandemic — a challenge it has struggled through — but now it is having trouble getting the trucks loaded and unloaded, and abiding by the delivery times it is supposed to fulfill.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/busines...-rcna11859

Frankly speaking, let put a stop on reporting US or China supermarket shelf goes empty and try to imply the country is lousy.

As long as demand suddenly outstrip supply, it will handle.

So next time u see a long queue to go into NTUC or SS, better queue also and grab some stuffs.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(15-01-2022, 03:51 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Frankly speaking, let put a stop on reporting US or China supermarket shelf goes empty and try to imply the country is lousy.

I don't think this report is implying that the country is lousy. It is just explaining WHY it happens. The pandemic, the lack of workers due to mass resignation etc.